View Single Post
Old 10-02-2022, 01:18 AM   #14608
M-A-G
Higher. Further. Faster.

M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
This post is sponsored by Plinko

Crystal Dynamics Legacy of Kain Fan Survey

OK, I'm probably the only member of the forums that this would apply to but I'm kind of giddy about this. Crystal Dynamics is asking fans of the Legacy of Kain series to take this survey about the games. Now the franchise has been long dormant ever since 2003 and even though several rumors have been floated around over the years about what might come of it under its current owners, nothing has materialized.

This bit of reaching out in the form of this survey is the first indication in a long time that SquareEnix might be a bit serious about moving forward with something involving the IP, be it a remaster of the old games or a straight-up sequel. The survey asks several questions to fans of the games about what they would prefer from any future projects.

Speaking just for myself, I would say a remaster of the old games, Soul Reaver especially, would be the most desirable. The franchise began more than 25 years ago with Blood Omen so there are a lot of potential new players that just aren't familiar with the series and its story. Doing a new entry would be difficult as a good chunk of the main characters are dead or the voice actors like Tony Jay and Renee Auberjonois are dead and recasting some of these roles would be a pain.

That would also be a hurdle as far as remastering the original games goes. I would hate for it to turn out like the Silent Hill HD Collection where the original work just got completely shit on with new voices and a director who had no love for the games and had his own vision.

Overall, I'm just glad to see that there is still some degree of interest in the series. I'm sure you all noticed my gushing in the most recent Rate the Game thread.
M-A-G is offline   Reply With Quote