View Single Post
Old 07-23-2022, 01:40 PM   #3265
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by M-A-G View Post
Archer seems like the kind of guy Vince would cream himself over...IF HE WAS STILL THE BOSS!!!
Funny enough, he already had him. He was Vance Archer in WWECW and was doomed from the start as he was made to shave his face and cut his hair, completely killing his look dead from the jump.

He then went on to spend a decade in NJPW though and became one of the better big man workers around.

Quote:
I'm sure he's a nice guy and all but I can't get behind the name Swerve Strickland. Who came up with it, Vince McMahon? Oh, right, he can't BECAUSE HE'S GONE!!!
He wrestled as Shane "Swerve" Strickland on the indies, had a WWE run as Isiah "Swerve" Scott and now is in AEW and just made Swerve his first name probably because people call him that anyway. I love the dude but felt like Shane Strickland was a less ridiculous name.

Quote:
It doesn't say Fenix tapped so I'm assuming the ref just decided to end things and call for the bell himself.
Yep that's a Fire Pro feature. Certain moves can force the ref to call for a "Critical", effectively a K.O. It's particularly brutal when it happens in submission moves.

Quote:
Not familiar with AEW as you can imagine so is Garcia a guy who is even remotely close to being on the level with Punk? It's kind of jarring to see someone who's not a name in my eyes getting the duke over a big name.
If they were to have a match in actual AEW I think it'd be one of those things where everybody knows Punk will go over, but they'd take care to make Garcia look competitive and good in defeat. In the real life G1 tourney though, there are always a handful of upsets. The IWGP champion always participates in the tourney and usually the 2 or 3 people he loses to throughout the tournament will be set up for a rematch with the title on the line. Takes care of the next few months worth of big shows.
Evil Vito is offline   Reply With Quote