View Single Post
Old 06-24-2022, 06:14 AM   #148
XL
Feeling Oof-y

XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nerfect View Post
Lol, I just mean that it is sometimes weeks before ANYTHING registers with me. I didn’t mean it to be a jab or anything.

Where did it really hit for you? I think the advent of podcasts has definitely hurt wrestling, in my opinion. The content is just so much…better than the actual wrestling.
It was a slow decline followed by a series of "hammer blows" in 2019 - quite late by a lot of people's standards.

February 18th: WWE calls up Ricochet, Aleister Black, Ciampa and Gargano up to Raw clearly with no plan for them, and undoing years of storylines in NXT in the cases of the former DIY.

April 8th 2019: Raw after Mania. After a Mania that gave us 3 huge babyface wins they setup a "Winner Takes All" World Title Match that predictably ended in a DQ. Call ups were Lars Sullivan, and I think Sami Zayn returned, that was it.

April 2019: The SuperStar Shake up. Followed almost immediately by the "Wildcard Rule".

May 20th 2019: WWE introduces the 24/7 Championship, it is fucking ugly and won by scramble, literally the first person to grab the belt. Potential not realised. Launch of Raw: Dark. Interesting concept. Potential not realised.

June 2019: Heyman took over booking of Raw which should have had some promise. He started to bring in new talent, there was a new "energy" in the product.

September 30th: Raw "season premiere".

October 4th: SmackDown premieres on FOX with its 20th Anniversary

October 11th and 14th 2019: The Draft. Second Time lucky?

It's those last 4 shows in quick succession where they could have done something to really change up what they were doing but they didn't. I fully accept that I set my expectations high and the product was just disappointing.
XL is offline   Reply With Quote