View Single Post
Old 03-19-2022, 01:48 PM   #3226
M-A-G
Higher. Further. Faster.

M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
This post is sponsored by Dan Hibiki

SmackDown!: October 26, 2040

Last show before No Mercy!!!

Opening Match: Ethan Lang vs. Vinnie LaPaige
Gonna take things fairly easy tonight, all things considered. Hopefully this can kick off Lang's rise to the top. He really needs a manager, though. The charisma black hole is present here but it's a fair opener. Lang hits the Bitter Languish for the pin. ****1/4, 78% overall.

Second Match: Neil Quint, El Silencio, Isaac Wolff, Josh Turmell, and Jesse Capalbo vs. Joey Osbourne, Jerome McDougall, Bill Crockett, Zachary Vale, and Doug Michaels
Fuck it; let's just toss 10 cruiserweights out there and see what develops. BOOKING GENIUS! Anyways, this is all sorts of fun. Doug Michaels is left alone and falls victim to El Ojo Del Tempesta from El Silencio to give the win to the faces. ****1/4, 88% overall.

Backstage Ozzy Mandias has been watching the proceedings when he's confronted by Martyn LaSalle. Ozzy naturally is a tad apprehensive considering what happened last night on the Hot Button and immediately gets in LaSalle's face demanding what the hell he wants. LaSalle assures Ozzy that he's not here for any hostility or physical confrontation and asks that Ozzy hear him out. LaSalle saw the footage from what happened on Superstars. He knows now that it wasn't Ozzy that instigated things between them. LaSalle just wanted to come to apologize. Ozzy isn't sure that he wants to accept that apology considering how quickly LaSalle went off the deep end and sent his fists flying. Plus, there's the little matter of LaSalle thinking that Ozzy isn't good enough to win the Cruiserweight Title. LaSalle says that Ozzy CAN become the Cruiserweight Champion one day...it's just not going to be at No Mercy. Whether Ozzy accepts this apology or not, LaSalle is most definitely not apologizing for snatching the Cruiserweight Title from everybody else's hands this Sunday. With that, LaSalle takes his leave and Ozzy is left to ponder this over.

It's time for another edition of the Hot Button with everyone's favorite host, the Host With THE Highest Rated Interview Show In All of Entertainment, The New Age Intellectual Savior to the Masses, The 2031 Fulton County First Place Conga Award Winner, The Luscious Lover and Undefeated Steel Cage Master and REAL 2040 King of the Ring, The Supreme Submission Machine, Former WWE Cruiserweight Champion-Elect, the Cruiserweight Champion Michael Hotbody! Hotbody wants to clear the air about a couple of things. The restraining order that Galino & Farnes is TOTALLY LEGIT but is merely caught up in a lot of bureaucracy and possible even stuck in some post office at the moment. In the interest of goodwill and good ratings for the Hot Button, however, Hotbody is willing to waive the enforcement of said restraining order for tonight. He wants to invite Jordan Demiras to the show for a chat because he, along with everyone else, needs to understand that Michael Hotbody actually does enjoy being in the fight; it's just that if he is going to fight, he needs to be sure that he has the ability to fight smart. "So with that being said, Jordan Demiras, please come on out to the show!"

It takes a bit but sure enough Jordan Demiras answers the call with some reluctance on his face. He climbs into the ring with a murderous look on his face. Clearly he's had enough of all of Hotbody's shit. He asks what the hell the champion wants. Hotbody continues on the mic: "Jordan, I understand that things aren't kosher between us. Hell, they probably never will be. Between me being a completely superior athlete and physical specimen and you being...well, you, we may never be on the same page, exchanging Christmas cards. But I need you to understand something, Jordan; I take no pleasure in your misfortune. I take no pleasure in this nastiness between us. This is just business. I didn't want to see you get absolutely annihilated inside a steel cage. I didn't want you to be on the shelf all those months. I certainly don't want to see you get embarrassed this Sunday. But the Cruiserweight Title is on the line, Jordan. The stakes are extremely high."

"Get to the God damn point, Michael. You're on my last nerve as it is."

"OK, OK...listen; you're desperate to take this championship. You're so desperate that you came back from what was surely a severe head injury. So desperate that you've been willing to partner up with the likes of Martyn LaSalle and Ozzy Mandias. But we have to be honest, Jordan; they're not in your league. More importantly, they can't be trusted. When it all hits the fan, they'll turn on you! This little alliance that they've formed with you has been nothing but an exercise in DISGUSTING INSIDIOUSNESS! They smile to your face and nod in agreement all while waiting for that moment where they'll stick a knife in your back and take all the glory for themselves. Jordan, I know I've done some questionable things to you but at least I'm honest and upfront with you about my intentions. I'm the devil that you know. Ozzy and LaSalle are the devils you THINK you know. You don't want to believe me? Just look at how the two of them have been snapping at each other! That could easily be you on the receiving end."

"You're still yammering about nothing, Michael..."

"What I'm trying to say is you need a smarter partnership, Jordan. What needs to happen, for you to have a fair shake at winning this championship, is you need to join forces with me!"

Jordan gives an incredibly WTF expression as a reaction to this. Michael notices this and tries to explain: "Listen, it may sound unseemly. Quite honestly, even I'm a little disgusted at the idea. But it's the best chance you have Jordan. I'll be watching your back. I can help you eliminate the other two so that it can be down to a fair one-on-one match between just the two of us! It's what you really want! It's the best thing for either one us! And if I may say so, Jordan, out of all three of you guys who are coming after me...you're my favorite."

"Michael...I swear to God I'm going to vomit and then shove your face in it if you don't shut right now. You're a God damn punk. You're a coward. You're a liar. You're the most pathetic paper champion I've ever seen. You bashed my head in with a cage door and you're prancing around with MY Cruiserweight Title that you and your chump bodyguard stole from me...but, I have to admit...you might be right. Laying in bed all that time, I had my eye on the prize. And winning the Cruiserweight title isn't going to come from partnering with Ozzy or Martyn. It's going to come by beating them. I'm not happy or proud about this..." Jordan extends his hand, offering Hotbody a shake "...but I have to do what it takes to get that title back. You got a deal, Hotbody."

Hotbody leaps for joy and proceeds to shake Jordan's hand enthusiastically. Jordan raises the mic and continues: "But know this, Michael; once the others are out of the way, you're all mine." With that, Jordan rips his hand away from Michael's, breaking the handshake and he takes his leave. Michael looks concerned as we go to break.

Third Match: The Perfections vs. The Internet Darlings
Gotta give Leah and Bonnie one last push for credibility going into the Women's Tag Team Title match. Both the Southern Belles and The Lonely Girls are shown watching the match from the back. It comes down to Leah and Sarah Moore. Leah reverses an Irish Whip and Sarah is sent into Bonnie's waiting arms and falls victim to the Bluebonnet and Leah puts the exclamation point on it with a Sultry Splash to pick up the win. ****1/2, 88% overall.

Fourth Match: Chris Collins vs. DJ Stokes
Chris Collins reiterates that he's expecting Alexander Piero to show up on Raw and face him. Collins accuses Piero of falling short of all the hype that he built up shortly after debuting. It's OK in the long run because he's dealing with Chris Collins and there aren't that many people out there that get the better of him. Piero has always been way over his head and it's time that he faces facts. This ends up being a pretty decisive victory for Collins as he hits the Fall From Heaven for the pin. ****1/2, 91% overall.

It's talky-time with Wrakk somewhere in the back. It's fairly dark as he rips into Haven. He warns Haven that spending too much time in the darkness can be blinding when one steps outside of it. That's what's happened to Haven. Being blind to the reality of the amount of trouble he's stepped into dealing with Wrakk. The violence will continue and when it's all said and done, Haven can go crawling back to the safety of the shadows.

Fifth Match: Eddy Clash vs. Freddie Galino
Freddie and Luscious want to go over the OUTRAGEOUS HYPOCRISY coming from Lisa Benton. Benton was all up in arms over not getting to look over the VERY REAL and TOTALLY NOT MADE UP restraining order put out against Michael Hotbody's opponents for this Sunday. But Lisa Benton never allowed the law offices of Galino & Farnes to look over the BOGUS CONTRACT she offered Eddy Clash. There are proper channels to go through in order to make it to the WWE and Eddy Clash has been anything but proper. Stealing the Money in the Bank briefcase from Brandon Reigns, claiming ownership over it, and being a general nuisance to society! The good fans of the WWE need not worry because where the law can't find resolutions, justice will emerge in some other form. That form has a name and it is Zed Jones. This Sunday Zed will make good on the promise Eddy was made the day he decided to sign his WWE contract. Anyway this match is about Eddy looking good. Galino tries his best but Clash is just TOO MUCH and Galino decides to call it a night and opts to get counted out. Eddy stands tall, looking strong heading into Sunday. ****1/2, 90% overall.

Backstage we're blessed with the opportunity to hear from the Women's Tag Team Champions, the Lonely Girls. Faith and Jenna are certainly very impressed with the Perfections and the Southern Belles. But it isn't about impressing them; it's about beating them. They're not ready for the ride to be over any time soon. The Southern Belles decide to interrupt and get in the faces of the champions. Hannah declares that the ride has been going on for too long and she and Bobbi Jo are sick of it. The mere sight of the Lonely Girls makes them want to puke. Jenna and Faith are nothing but frauds who take advantage of all of the stupid fans out there. The Southern Belles will not insult the intelligence of anyone. They're the real deal and they're the future of the division and there's not a damn thing the Lonely Girls OR the Perfections can do about it. They're certainly welcome to try, though! Things look like they're going to get physical but some officials step in to separate the two teams.

Sixth Match: Eclypse vs. Maya
Eclypse is now fully a face so she can start killing bitches properly now. Eclypse gets on the mic first and opts to drop some truths on Naomi Bailey. Let it be recognized that in the case of going after the Women's Tag Team Titles, Naomi came to Eclypse, NOT the other way around. Eclypse didn't need Naomi around and she most certainly doesn't need her around now. Naomi used Eclypse because that's all she knows how to do: use others. Eclypse has managed to stand on her own in the past. Eclypse blazed the trail that Naomi is walking right now. Well this Sunday, that path gets blocked off. Naomi will pay and she'll pay with that Women's Championship. This is a match all about making Eclypse look dominating. She ends things fairly decisively with the Fade to Black leading to a pinfall win. Afterwards, Naomi comes out and looks to try to get some of Eclypse but the challenger is prepared and stares her down. Naomi decides to back up and yell some threats instead. She rubs it in by raising the Women's championship. ****1/2, 92% overall.

MAIN EVENT: WWE Unified Tag Team Champions Simon Bennett and Adam Hail vs. The Academy
Brooke takes this opportunity to get in a few last digs at Noah Carmichael. "The moment is almost upon us all! The moment that has been delayed so many times over will finally come to fruition. And all that needs to happen is the complete and total destruction of Noah Carmichael, a task Salvatore Scabbia is capable of pulling off and a task that he will enjoy the entire time. There are no more avenues out of this and I say that not just to Noah, but to Lisa Benton as well. You'll have no more excuses to not recognize Scabbia as the rightful Unified World Champion! This match is sanctioned! This match is official! Carmichael is participating in it of his own free will! He's waived all responsibility! It's a matter of days now. Noah, you may not be in the greatest of shape right now but take solace in this fact: it's as good as it going to be."

Paul Andrews also wants to use this opportunity to get in some shots against the Royal Effect on behalf of his team. The Royal Effect can't let their success get to their heads. His team stands here as proof that they're always ready for any challenge. They didn't return to the WWE to get upset by the likes of McKay and Kavovit. Adam Hail adds on to this sentiment by claiming that anyone who thinks they have an idea as to how No Mercy is going to go down, is going to be unpleasantly surprised. So this is a solid affair as these guys are awesome as teams. Things end when Salvatore Scabbia gets involved when it looks like Bennett is about to make Randy Ellis tap to the Bennett Lock. He attacks Bennett causing the DQ. Both Ellis and Mitchell don't seem pleased with this and they argue with Scabbie BUT HERE COMES CARMICHAEL!!! He gets himself a piece of Scabbia and we go off the air with a brawl! See you on Sunday! ****1/2, 91% overall.

Overall show rating: 86%

Next up: NO MERCY!
M-A-G is offline   Reply With Quote