Thread: Ratings Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2021, 09:44 PM   #2949
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by #1-norm-fan View Post
Why do you keep mentioning people complaining? Do you actually think Vince put NXT over to avoid the internet complaining? If not then how is it relevant? I’m saying it was a dumb idea. If you think it was done to avoid the internet complaining then it was an even dumber idea. If you don’t think that’s why it was done then what’s your point?

Charlotte heading over at the same time COULD have been for reasons other than trying to legitimize it as a 3rd brand. The fact that it coincided with NXT winning a battle for brand supremacy out of the blue though...
My point is that the shitty but profitable Saudi deal forced their hand. They felt like they had to use NXT talent around the Survivor Series. That led to them getting used at the actual show. They decided to have them go over instead of “burying” them (as the internet erroneously uses the term).

Charlotte’s NXT run came later. That started with the Royal Rumble, which was 2 months later. I can’t remember if she even went to NXT full-time or was just slumming around Raw sometimes showing up there, or if that started with her NXT Title win or what. But they didn’t really coincide.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote