Thread: Ratings Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2021, 08:12 PM   #2831
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I did a quick scour of some places, and it seems that even AEW loyalists are taking pause at that Rampage number. It’s not good.

The thing is, that graveyard slot is what was assigned to them. TK acts like he “chose it,” but that’s where WarnerMedia sees AEW and how it sees AEW fans. They may have counted on more loyalty, but it’s not peak positioning like they want it to be the best dog in show.

Even though I’m no fan of this company or its ethos, I would probably at least try to out Rampage on at 7pm on Friday. You can move the movie back a bit to a later time (which might actually be more convenient for the film). I dunno, it depends how valuable AEW actually is for advertising and whether or not giving Rampage a better slot is “worth it.”

But this show is a detriment to everything. From AEW’s end, they should probably scrap Dark and Rampage. Focus on Dynamite and maybe Elevation if you are getting ridiculous money from a YouTube partnership. Maybe look into syndication if you can buy ROH and that slot, and maybe running house shows every now and then to keep fervor for ticket sales going, if projections predict that, where you can let guys go for longer and create fun shows for people to go to that isn’t risking overexposure. You can tape them for some sort of future tape library/streaming service.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote