Thread: GTA 6
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2021, 01:20 AM   #181
Tom Guycott
Wrestling Marks Rejoice!

Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I was kinda excited about this. For some reason, I was kinda jonesing to play III, take Guru to the hideout from the prison bus, then run over to the car lot to steal the Banshee and tool around town blasting GAME Radio... but the more and more news that keeps happening on this, I don't want to play it at all, and may just have to dust off the PS2, and hope it's one of the games I still have.

Although it is kinda hilarious that this release sucks as as bad as it does. I got the re-release of San Andreas on 360 (I think it was on the 360 - digitally), and remember being upset about some of the music being butchered (it was all there, but there were a couple of songs that skipped, the DDR-esque minigame section with Hollywood Swingin' was OFF BEAT, and whenever you failed a date, the "FUCK YOU, I WON'T DO WHAT YOU TELL ME!" was "edited". I wondered how that could be that bad years later. Didn't know it could and would get worse.

My two concerns before all this was if all the music would be included (I figured music rights would be a concern; learned that lesson on the HD release of THPS) and if the flight mechanics in III and Vice City would at least be up to the standard of San Andreas. I mean, the Dodo in III was damn near impossible to fly, and VC didn't do much better... and also maybe if they retroactively gave Claude and Tommy the ability to swim (hey, remember the Driver dig at GTA:VC with "Timmy Vermencelli" wearing water floaties?)

Now, I'd be more concerned about seeing through the rain effects, or janky nightmare fuel character models. This went from a day-one purchase to a no day anywhere soon purchase.
Tom Guycott is offline   Reply With Quote