View Single Post
Old 10-15-2021, 05:57 PM   #6432
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I still don’t put the primary blame on Punk himself. I think the criticisms are valid. That people are willing to cut a bad actor/failed MMA fighter slack might be my own misgiving there. But I think it’s still more the show around him.

If you like CM Punk, you probably like that he takes his craft pretty seriously and makes his performances as realistic as possible (sloppy MMA shit aside). I don’t know how this is congruent with a product that presents a grudge feud between Matt Hardy and Orange Cassidy. You’ve got the piss-take existing alongside the actual thing.

I don’t even think he needs to be in feuds just yet or anything. The show should just be meatier around him. I think a lot of the drop-off AEW is experiencing is because people get lured in by the potential for good, then are let down. It can be even more jarring if a show is all “what if” potential. Now they have the stars but don’t really know what to do with them.

But yeah, Tony crowing about how big a star he is instead of SHOWING people what a star he is doesn’t do anyone any favors.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote