View Single Post
Old 10-10-2021, 04:13 PM   #6339
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xrodmuc316 View Post
Absolutely nobody does, and they look ever worse when they have an entire stable about how MMA fighters are better than the AEW roster. They are clearly trying to make fans think Dan Lambert is shooting, but he doesnt bring up the one thing that is concrete proof that real fighters are better than fake tough guys like CM Punk?

And the happy to be here stuff he is doing is bullshit too. This dude swore up and down he would NEVER return to pro wrestling. And the argument of "oh he didnt know there would be AEW" when he said it is also a bad counterpoint.

He could have went to NJPW, Impact, ROH, or anywhere else for 5 years before AEW. He could have went to AEW at the start. He didnt, he turned them down multiple times, dismissed them and even bjried them a few times. The reason, he wanted to go back to WWE. He choose to show up on a talk show for WWE, hoping it would lead to an offer to return. His agent asked, Vince had no interest.

Fast forward a year, he had his agent ask again, no interest from WWE again. Finally he accepted it, and took Tony Khan's money.

He failed at MMA, he failed on reality TV, he failed at being an actor, he failed at being a talk show host, he failed at being a comic book, writer, and he failed at crawling back to Vince.

Even if we want to forget about all of that, this guy pretended he was above pro wrestling for 7 years. He ignored fans who wanted him to return for 7 years. Now we are just supposed to believe he really loves pro wrestling and he is happy to be there? No, he went to AEW as a last resort, and despite all the times he spoke poorly about AEW and how they do business, he was lucky enough that the owner is such a mark that he could still work him for a big money deal.

It has been like 6 weeks and Rampage ratings are already a few hundred thousand lower than they were BEFORE he returned. I use Rampage because it is where he debuted, and it is where he has had his tv matches.

I think people were willing to watch his return, but aside from the "lets see his return", most people are not able to have continued interest because of his complete lack of credibility.
I’ve got no problem with CM Punk returning to wrestling when the timing is right for him and his bank account. It is true that he turned them down, but I put that on them.

My one of my biggest pet peeves in wrestling is when wrestling promotions make a deal out of other combat sports being better than they are. The wrestlers are supposed to be legit. Got no problem with MMA stars stepping into the wrestling world, but it should be presented like they are just changing disciplines, not coming into a world where they are automatically going to kick everyone’s ass, because real fighter > pro-wrestler.

If Dan Lambert wants to do a Jim Cornette impression, he should be doing heel manager Jim Cornette, not podcast critic Jim Cornette.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote