View Single Post
Old 10-10-2021, 01:08 PM   #6327
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lock Jaw View Post
Danielson didn't really "beat the s***" outta one of the Bucks.... he should have, but it was a "hard fought" and "competitive" match.
Booking psychology-wise, I do wonder about the subconscious detriments doing stuff like Bryan and Nick Jackson has on fans. Bryan’s a great wrestler, but do honest to god fans of him, specifically his personality, want to see him go to a B-tier promotion to beat up guys smaller than him? It doesn’t feel rewarding as a story to me.

It made total sense in a visual way for Bryan to kick the shit out of Nick Jackson too. But doesn’t that say something about why Nick Jackson is there? At that level? And why he doesn’t get the shit kicked out of him every week?

It’s just one of those things like wrestlers pretending the camera isn’t there, or their music hitting for run-ins, or their forced verbiage that adds to this impression that just shutters immersion.

A lot of people were frothing over that match. And in terms of what was done — the execution of the moves and such — I’m sure it was. But I think a lot of internet fans don’t have their finger on the pulse of what the average fan wants as much as they all think they do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lock Jaw View Post
Bryan doesn't look weak yet

CM Punk I am beginning to suspect isn't in it "seriously" and just signed for some big money and doesn't want to actually be "in the thick of it" like Bryan is. This is the only logical explanation I can come up with for signing Punk and doing nothing with him. Because he doesn't actually want to do anything.
Maybe it’s his own stuff, but it could also just be the booking. He’s over as a face, so you wouldn’t turn him heel yet. But you also don’t need him the World Title picture, so you have him slumming it with guys underneath.

I think there’s a way to make a guy you aren’t pushing into the main events interesting, and without him smiling “I’m just happy to be here” all the time. But this booking is not known for its nuance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destor View Post
punk should be working guys twice his size fighting from underneath. get his heart and never say die spirit over. then maybe you can add a mean streak to him and make him look credible again...

...but now? if you dont think the massive ppv buys on the ufc cards he was humiliated on dont give him stink (especially the 2nd bout where he lost to guy with no profights who was brought in specifically to job to him) youre a delusional mark
You know what would have been funny? If he called out Daniel Garcia for a match on Rampage, and true to form, the jobber totally owned Punk.

I agree that the UFC stuff would affect him way more than most wrestling fans realize. There’s a certain type of fan that can ignore it. There’s another type that can’t. But even if you think you can, the more he kind of just floats around makes you think more and more about it.

Punk’s always had a hype vs. reality problem too. He had this in WWE. He makes a big splash raising a stink about how great he is, or implies how great wrestling is going to be with him in a top spot. Then he gets the chance and...what changes? And I’m not even really saying that as a knock on the guy. He is talented as fuck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destor View Post
unless of course your only goal is to promote him to the IWC crowd. but if thats your goal you can skip paying punk, you already have that entire fanbase watching
So much of what this company does seems to be to further endear themselves to an audience they don’t have to endear themselves to.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote