View Single Post
Old 10-09-2021, 12:59 AM   #14412
Fignuts
Hey Mister!

Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by drave View Post
i've not even seen enough of that to determine if id wanna get it. not hearing great things so far

Alright, so I've only encountered the respawning thing at a random village, but outposts and checkpoints that you take over have been fine. So I'm not sure if it's more prevalent in tougher areas or what.

Secondly, the other reason so.e people aren't liking it is because in addition to carrying over new dawn's leveling system, there's also an ammo type/enemy type affinity that changes the flow of the game up quite a bit. So if you're using the wrong ammo type on an enemy that's a few levels higher than you, it could take several headshots to bring them down. But using the right ammo type will take down an enemy in one headset, even if it's a level or two higher.

Understandably, there's a lot of long time players of the series that aren't a fan of this, as it's not inherently bad, but it's certainly a devisive change. After playing for a good 5 hours I'm actually liking it. Adds a bit more strategy and prep to taking down outposts, and gets you to try out your whole arsenal. You can only have three primary weapons and a sidearm on your weapon wheel, but you can swap the guns on your wheel from anything in your arsenal at any given time, so there won't be a situation where you're screwed or anything.

The respawn thing is a legit concern, even if I haven't been affected, and they need to patch it. But I think a lot of the disappointment is from people who are upset at the direction of the combat, rather than it being genuinely bad.
Fignuts is offline   Reply With Quote