View Single Post
Old 10-08-2021, 09:28 PM   #6281
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
From what I’ve read about the ratings, Bryan and Punk have already kind of lost their novelty. I like both guys, but they have not been able to help the show grow in an immediate sense.

There is obviously more to it than that. It’s possible that they’ve brought in a new audience that cycles in and out as diehards die off or whatever. If people are used to bad shit, sometimes giving them good shit could be jarring. As much as I want to see it, putting WALTER and Cesaro in a wrestling series could be a tanker for a WWE show. It doesn’t mean it’s bad — it just doesn’t work for the audience cultivated.

This is a niche show that pops a little bit in the ratings for Orange Cassidy. That’s not because OC is good. It’s the car wreck mentality. Those people don’t stick around for the rest of the show. It’s like Sable’s tits in the Attitude era. You get the loyal audience that likes this shit + the gawkers who would stop flicking to laugh at it. But overall, an act like Orange Cassidy caps you. Makes you look a bit bush league. Means serious stuff isn’t going to connect on any authentic level.

AEW can add anyone they want, but when the fans they bring in check out this product, it ends up leaving the impression that this promotion is hurting the guy and not so much the guy helping the promotion.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote