View Single Post
Old 10-05-2021, 04:23 PM   #1737
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
The forced swearing is one of the worst things about wrestling. I’ve noticed it before when it’s cropped up in promos, but it sounds so juvenile. Not even a talker like Jericho can smooth it over. Feels like a naughty kid on the playground looking around to make sure no one is listening before saying “...shit!”

Just talk like an adult that has some sort of on-air experience and doesn’t need to resort to naughty language to try and pass themselves off as cool. You will actually look edgier than the dorks who fall back on it.

There are also still a lot of religious families in the US, or just the types of people who don’t like swearing, especially if it’s awkward and insecure. I know that growing up, my mother wouldn’t be too keen on me watching a show where dudes said “shit” every two seconds. It just makes it a harder slog, and that cannot be good for relationships with the advertisers and sponsors.

It’s just unnecessary. Stop it.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote