View Single Post
Old 09-18-2021, 10:13 PM   #61532
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noid View Post
When commentary is a detriment. Jericho needs to go.

Hot take: Chris Jericho has been the drizzling shits for the past five years, and his entire career trajectory since hooking himself to Kevin Owens has been to find roles where he can mask his alcoholism by playing to a converted choir.

It’s sad. I’d always love classic Chris Jericho. He did great things for Tazz Dan. But he’s a washed up hack who needs wrestling and knows enough of the words to get fans he earned in yesteryear to ignore his declining talent and obnoxious neediness for any sort of relevancy.

I genuinely hope his story doesn’t end in tragedy. He’s gone through a lot of shit, losing friends, peers, injuries, brushes with true fame that never amounted to anything sustainable. Great artists, and Jericho was one, find clever way of masking their issues so they can indulge while seemingly being in control. I’ve got a spooky feeling from Jericho for a long time. I think it was when his weight gain started and he tried to pass it off as him wanting to be a heel in Japan. He hasn’t worked there since. It was a lie. And he went from being a classically minded pro-wrestler who didn’t even want merchandise as a heel to being a sap that will market anything and everything he can. And I think he tries to pass it off as a gimmick (“Everyone I ever loved, I pushed them all away”), but I think he’s in way worse emotional shape than people realize. Dude was drinking most of a bottle of vodka during some of his drunken podcasts.

To think of how active his lifestyle must actually be — training for wrestling but also performing on stage when he does it. And he’s still gained so much weight and lost so much physical control of who he is, to the point he is actually ashamed of it. Look at photos of him sucking in his gut as he poses with women half his age. And look at how he tweeted that photo of him in response to the NBA lead-in backlash. If he didn’t care, he wouldn’t go out of his way to try and pass himself off as an Adonis still.

It can be so easy to put up the blinders when you respect and admire someone’s work so much. But the evidence that this dude has lost it has been there for a long time, and all his energy goes into convincing people he’s still a genius so you should just trust him instead of actually getting the human being behind the performer help.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote