View Single Post
Old 09-16-2021, 11:55 PM   #7440
Tom Guycott
Wrestling Marks Rejoice!

Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by M-A-G View Post
Well with last week's "What If...?" leaving a bad taste in my mouth, this week's was way more palatable. A bit of a weak ending, I think, but just the fact that Killmonger is brought back into things and pairing him with Stark is just goodness all around.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalyx triaD View Post
This What If was the weakest by far, but still alright. I don't know when and why Kilmonger is suddenly a Marvel-class engineer but whatever. I kinda felt from the jump that a story with Kilmonger was gonna over reach. He is an extremely overrated villain.
I felt like this was something that would've worked better with more time. Not neccessarily a full-fleged MCU live movie, but some sort of "What If....?" feature, similar to the DCAU things. It was like they wanted to explore both Killmonger's intentions and used the idea of Stark never getting captured and thus becoming Iron Man as a springboard for it instead of giving both concepts time to flesh out. Hell, even the ending seemed like there should be a resolution after instead of another story concept that is going untold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalyx triaD View Post
I don't know when and why Kilmonger is suddenly a Marvel-class engineer but whatever.
Pop culture poularity is a hell of a thing. Honestly surprised they didn't work in his "Hey, Auntie!" Remember, Batman TAS episode Heart of Ice is why Mr. Freeze went from any one of DC's 20 interchangable ice themed villans to sympathetically tragic A-lister. Deadpool went from a jab at Slade "across the street", to comic nerd in-joke, to worldwide in-joke. And, for fuck's sake, Loki. Nobody gave a single, solitary fuck about Marvel's version of Loki until the movies, and now he's reaching Wolverine levels of popularity and morphing into this "loveable, rougish antihero". If Michael B. Jordan didn't kill it in the movie, or they cast some kinda shitty actor, or didn't give him half the "cool" dialogue he got, he'd still be an also-ran amongst the ranks of your Black Toms and Smart Alecs.
Tom Guycott is offline   Reply With Quote