View Single Post
Old 06-05-2021, 07:13 PM   #4838
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
The real numbers for Revolution and Double or Nothing came out and Meltzer got “busted” for inflating them. “Busted” is in quotation marks, because it really depends on whether you think Meltzer is being dishonest on purpose, if he’s being misled, or his maths is just “optimistic.” His inflation rate is about 16%, so it’s up to you whether you feel that “reporting” should come under fire or not.

Personally, I think Meltzer’s coverage of AEW has been horrible. He’s deliberately confusing. I see people talking about 132k like it’s the US buyrate, not realizing that not only was it closer to 115k, but that is inclusive of international buys. There’s a reason he’s never clear on that. 132k sounds way more impressive than 75k North American buys. And then you can’t say they did better than any promotion since WCW, since ECW used to smash that on the reg.

I know he’s been nice to hb2k and all that, but as a wrestling reporter, he’s really lost it. More often than not I see a report about WWE from him and know the truth is probably in the opposite direction. His insight into “AEW vs. NXT” was fanboyish and juvenile, and his flat-out bias towards AEW has led to omissions and glaringly false or inaccurate reporting that is clear bullshit to anyone who applies a few seconds of critical thought.

I don’t even think Dave is taking a pay check for this. I don’t think he needs one. I’m not sure if it’s just to coddle subscribers and the markish anti-WWE/pro-AEW sentiment, or whether he’s just being misled all the time and his WWE sources have dried up, but I think he’s just...lost it. He’s a fan/commentator who likes what he likes, and what he likes isn’t very good.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote