View Single Post
Old 05-11-2021, 04:55 PM   #59899
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
For those who watched the Biography episode about Booker T on A&E from this past Sunday, supposedly the reason for the lack of any real talk about the infamous Road to Mania 19 storyline between Booker T and Triple H was due to WWE's involvement with the editing of the episode.

Someone who was interviewed for the episode mentioned how he talked in depth about the controversial storyline and knew it was going to get axed by WWE since it would have made the company look bad.

Booker T claims that was never the case and the reason for the lack of talk about it on the episode was due to it never being one of the topics planned nor filmed for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightful
Speaking on his Hall of Fame podcast, Booker T set the record straight on the story.

"How can it be pulled (when) it never actually got in," he said. "To write [that it got pulled], makes it seem like there was a whole lot of meat and potatoes on the bone of the story of Booker T and Triple H. I never gave that story a whole lot of credence or given a lot of thought to me losing that match. They talk about the story, and I understand that, but I never looked at my career and framed my career around a single match. I got paid more money for that match than I got paid for any match in my life. I'm not gonna complain about that. When people try to make something out of a racial issue between Booker T, Triple H, and WWE, someone is just trying to get some clicks. I just want everyone to know that, that was not what my story was about at the end of the day. My story is not about the dark side of WrestleMania 19. For people to want to make it about that, I get it and understand, but for me personally, that's not what my career makeup is about."

Booker noted that he saw a rough cut of the documentary a year ago and the WrestleMania 19 story was not part of that cut either. He also said that David Dennis started something by putting the tweet out and then deleting it.
John Pollock brought up a good point how that being missing from the episode was a total cop-out on WWE and A&E's end since the episode didn't shy away from other racism incidents Booker T encountered during his career in WCW and Global Wrestling Federation.
Emperor Smeat is online now   Reply With Quote