View Single Post
Old 04-23-2021, 11:41 AM   #424
Bad News Gertner
Best Poster

Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conspiracy Victim Vito View Post
Watching some of WWE's "Most Wanted Treasures". Light hearted fun, with Foley and Triple H being pretty affable.

With the collectors they have to visit though, it's astonishing when you see people who are fanatic and obsessive enough about wrestling to fill rooms in their house with ring-worn gear, old VHS types, action figures, and every bit of memorabilia imaginable, yet never expanded their boundaries beyond the WWE of the past 30-40 years. It really highlights that there's a large part of the American fanbase to whom the WWE is wrestling and there was never anything else.
It's been like that for 30 years. The WWF was known for having fans that only care about WWF and some like myself who weren't even aware that WCW existed until I had been watching wrestling for 7-8 years. I started watching in 87 and had no idea who Ric Flair was when he came in and I'm far from the only one. It really depends where you grew up. I only watch old stuff from various territories but my large collection of footage is 100% WWF. It's what I grew up in.
Bad News Gertner is offline   Reply With Quote