View Single Post
Old 03-02-2021, 03:17 PM   #59217
XL
Feeling Oof-y

XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conspiracy Victim Vito View Post
Well, I should rephrase, it seems like a case where he'll never be cleared again unless he has his doctors go to bat for him. Generally these guys need to jump through a lot of hoops to get WWE to consider clearing them again, and it doesn't always work.

Jason Jordan and Tyson Kidd have both been denied the chance to return multiple times. Although in the case of the latter I'm relieved because his original injuries were so bad that a simple fender bender could've left him in a wheelchair. I'd have a hard time watching him wrestle again and not cringing at every bump.
As you asked so politely about my Roman-Samoa Joe angle...

It would have started at Survivor Series with Roman facing Drew in the Champ vs. Champ match with Joe as part of the commentary team. As a "Raw guy" Joe would obviously be pulling for Drew (because it's "The one night of the year where Brand Loyalty is even mentioned").

Roman takes exception to this and turns up on Raw to confront Joe. The angle is that Joe is virtually the only Samoan wrestler to make it big and not be part of the Anoa'i family. The tension builds between the two until eventually Joe turns up on SmackDown during a Roman match. Joe hops in the ring but attacks the guy Roman is facing (let's say Owens given the timeline). Roman welcomes Joe into the Tribe.

Joe becomes the "Protector to the Tribal Chief", where essentially he is the barrier between Roman and his challengers. You have to beat Joe to take a shot at Roman. You can play this out a few ways; I'd have Roman not defend the belt for a while as nobody can get past Joe. You can have Roman occasionally "Show Up & Win" after Joe has already taken them out.

You can end this in 2 way; essentially the Batista push with Joe realising he has beaten pretty much everybody and maybe he should be the No. 1 Contender/Champion/Tribal Chief, or, ideally, The Rock shows up, you have Rock and Joe face off until Joe recognises Rock as the True Tribal Chief, he steps aside and lets Rock go at Roman. You then do a Joe-Roman programme for post-Mania.

The Rock-Roman programme doesn't need much added to it as it writes itself, but I'd have Roman drop in the "it doesn't matter" line. "I bust my gut for each and every one of you, but it doesn't matter", "I came back from a life threatening illness for you, but it doesn't matter", "I run this show, but it doesn't matter. It's still his show."
XL is offline   Reply With Quote