Thread: Ratings Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2021, 07:23 PM   #2662
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seph View Post
I don't hate AEW. Been to multiple shows. I just don't understand why people are swooning over it. It's more of the same muck WWE has been putting out for years with a "ranking system" layered on the top to make them look serious I guess. The stories are the same mindless drivel the E puts out but we have people spazzing about how awesome it is every time AEW does something WWE has already done countless times; yet if WWE does something AEW did everyone gives them shit. It's just weird to me.

If you erased the AEW brand from peoples mind and ran the exact same Dynamite shows no one would be able to tell it wasn't WWE the whole time. I want an alternative that works to fix the issues WWE has had for years now and presents themselves as an actual alternative; I don't want more of the same with a bunch of less recognizable rasslers propped up by a large group of ex-WWE guys at the top of the card.
Excellent post. The only thing I can compare this weird swooning to is when I criticized Alexa Bliss in 2016 and the usual suspects getting themselves in a twist because I couldn’t bring myself to call her a great women’s wrestler.

It’s as insulting, inconsistent and childish as WWE. You’ve had two people go into cakes in as many weeks. Chris Jericho has been slimed. Kidnappings go nowhere. Stories are rushed. It randomly turns into a musical. They think swearing is edgy. They are riddled with nepotism. They have way too many comedy acts. Psychology is not encouraged. Every match is just spot, spot, spot.

They don’t know how to book former champions. When guys or girls lose belts they just disappear. They don’t know how to build anything. What has actually been built well in AEW’s history? Don’t give me MJF turning on Cody. That was rushed. Remember when he was supposed to be their next top heel. Whoosh. Been and gone with the Mox loss. Remember how Adam Page was supposed to be their big babyface? He’s never been higher than the second PPV and now he’s a funny drunk cowboy with Matt Hardy.

They do the exact same shit as WWE and get praised for it while the WWE gets trashed because it’s WWE. And I personally want cunts like BigCrippyZ who would say shit like “Nothing matters in WWE! Things matter in AEW!” to fucking admit through their gritted teeth that NOTHING matters in AEW. Not who the champ is, not who they sign, not who The Bucks flip around with this week, not who Cody goes 15 minutes with — not ANY of it.

Like it if you want, but don’t try and tell me this is good. Or what I’ve been after. This is PWG if it had the budget to afford Vince Russo and the old guys that Vince didn’t want to pay to sit on the sides anymore.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote