Thread: Ratings Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2021, 07:27 PM   #2649
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narkseid View Post
I will never understand this intense hatred for AEW. They ended a 20 year WWE monopoly which was responsible some some of the dullest, most complacent, most mailed-in content ever created in wrestling. The passion that some of you have against it is baffling, especially since there's a comparatively small sample size in relation to WWE. It's a promotion that welcomes smarks/internet fans and caters specifically to us like 90% of the time, the person that owns it is a massive wrestling fan, the promotion has pretty consistent great matches from show to show, there's a good mixture between established/upcoming/international talent. I am genuinely confused with the reaction.

This is literally what we've been asking for since WCW went under.
No, this is not what I asked for. I wanted a proper attempt at a serious sized pro-wrestling promotion to provide a legitimate alternative to the WWE. Not even sillier, more insulting, less meaningful, self-indulgent shit. Is it my understanding they did another kidnapping that was just dropped without any explanation?

This is PWG-style horseshit with a dash of Vince Russo’s WCW. Don’t tell me I want this. It hasn’t even provided an alternative. WWE have gone from offering their talent $500k-$750k to stay benched to offering $400k to focused talent. Every major star is re-signing with WWE. They’re ZERO threat and I’m mad about them reinforcing the monopoly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan X View Post
You'd think moving NXT to Tuesday or Thursday would be ideal. Maybe even Saturday would do better. I can't imagine USA canning the show altogether, but I guess that is possible. I think that WWE out NXT on USA at a bad time. They had pretty much taken all of the talent that people were excited for and promoted them to Raw/Smackdown. While that is the ultimate point, it was just a bad roster to go head to head with AEW, which is consistently the top non news program on Wednesday nights.
The thing about NXT is we don’t know how much it does or doesn’t cost USA versus how much it brings in for them. We know AEW costs $45 million in rights PLUS half its ad revenue. AEW would need to be raking in twice as much as NXT assuming NXT costs the same in rights fees for them to BREAK EVEN. There are rumors that USA isn’t even paying that much. NXT is also an international brand with lots of different representation on it. We don’t actually know which audience is more valuable to advertisers.

All these networks care about is how much these shows make them. It’s very possible that NXT is more valuable than Dynamite. Is it going to be more valuable than the NHL when that all happens? Probably not. That will be interesting. But the idea that NXT needs to move to get its ratings up is a construct of wrestling fans.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote