View Single Post
Old 02-10-2021, 04:48 PM   #4020
thecc
Polyam cult member #420

thecc is good (20,000+)thecc is good (20,000+)thecc is good (20,000+)thecc is good (20,000+)thecc is good (20,000+)thecc is good (20,000+)thecc is good (20,000+)thecc is good (20,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narkseid View Post
That's a pretty tame tweet, honestly. I don't know. It's not like I don't see your point, I just don't get how he's any less mean to literally everybody else. I guess I don't see the "targeting" element. If you want to argue that he's a grumpy old man who's mouth constantly gets him in trouble then sure but I'm not getting the homophobic/transphobic angle. He's a lifelong Democrat who talks about the importance of equality all the time and regularly shits on Republicans for exclusionary legislation. Even if he's out of date with his speech, I don't see where the malice towards these groups is.
This might come across meaner than I intend but that's a pretty god damn privileged look at it. Every time this happens, queer people call him out on the issues it causes for us. Instead of showing any kind of remorse, he just doubles down and in turn his followers end up harassing us. I could see the point if it was just once that would be one thing but it's not. And for the record, it's not just him he's just the loudest one. I think the biggest thing that really gets to me but it usually leads to cis straight people always trying to talk over us and I'm just tired of it at this point.

Also I hate the idea that just cuz he's shitty to everyone that it makes it ok.
thecc is offline   Reply With Quote