View Single Post
Old 02-09-2021, 10:17 PM   #58971
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecc View Post
Must have missed that episode of OVW television he put that on.

There’s a difference between having fetishes and hiring people based on it to do problematic shit no one wants to see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conspiracy Victim Vito View Post
Cornette is, unsurprisingly, really showing himself up on this one. He's admitted that he doesn't know who Maki Itoh is beyond Twitter and has no interest in finding out, and he's accused KENTA of being a "spot monkey" that no one in the US will have heard of. Yet people will still consider him an "expert" despite repeatedly showing that he doesn't have a fucking clue what he's talking about.
Another classic example of someone missing the point. Who the fuck is Maki Itoh and why would anyone who follows WWE or even AEW in the US know anything about her? And who the fuck would know who KENTA is from the same pool? Did he ever work on Raw or SmackDown?

These wrestlers ARE obscure. There’s no way around it. About 300k people in the WORLD have New Japan World. In the WWE he appeared almost exclusively on WWE Network shows, which means under 1 million people. Who would even know how to see Maki Itoh? I don’t fucking know and I am OBSESSED with wrestling.

But yes, all 850k people who were watching basic cable and saw a purple-haired Japanese dude do a shitty version of CM Punk’s finisher know the history and origin behind the move. It certainly didn’t make any of them think “Man, I miss CM Punk.” You. Fucking. Idiot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conspiracy Victim Vito View Post
Omega books more Japanese women? Surely it can't have anything to do with the fact that he's followed the joshi scene extensively as a professional wrestler spending years in Japan and he's worked with many of them. Must be a fetish!
If you cannot see how a Japanese woman in a school girl’s outfit saying “I am the queen of piss” is not fetishistic, then you are beyond gone. There’s so much problematic shit in Japan. It goes beyond “different cultures.” It’s not racist or kink-shaming to point out the exploitation there.

But I’m sure Omega just thinks they’re all neato workers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drave View Post
It always comes down to odd timing, or "stutter-steps" in the ring. Seems to always be the same thing. Bouncing off the ropes too, looks funny. Almost like they need to loosen the tension so the women can actually bounce into them rather than just right-off them.
I REALLY noticing the pacing thing with Riho. She was so tiny that it would take her more steps to get across the ring than other people. I can only imagine how that would throw off someone’s timing in the ring, but it just sounded weird.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote