View Single Post
Old 01-14-2021, 02:42 PM   #58716
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by #1-wwf-fan View Post
WWE DOES listen to smarks though. Constantly. It’s the sole reason Daniel Bryan ever became a thing. They caved to the smarks. But then they back off eventually because it doesn’t work for the mainstream. And then they go back. Rinse and repeat.

I respect a company who can pick a lane more than one who can’t. Even if that lane is full of potholes. Fucking own it.
Daniel Bryan has way more appeal than just to smarks. Dude is an all-time great. He’s got the selling, psychology, charm and charisma down. I’d agree that the WWE probably does listen to the worst fans too much though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Gertner of TPWW View Post
The same guy that posted all the WCW C shows and all the Shotgun Saturday Nights has posted all the 2005 and 2006 episodes of Velocity on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAX...2vVS64YUA4uEYQ
Velocity was great. Used to watch it every week. There were some killer matches featuring Paul London on there. I watched him against Frankie Kazarian so many times. He also had an awesome series against Akio. Paul Burchill had a couple of fun squashes on there too.

The best C-show announcer of the era, to me, is/was Scott Stanford (he still works there, but doesn’t do commentary). My favorite will always be when David Hart Smith was working Zack Ryder on Superstars or something. DH Smith was wearing a cowboy hat for no reason. Smith shoulder tackles Ryder and then does this weird dance and Stanford, in a serious announcer voice goes “Tex is shaking his hips. Tex is shaking his hips.”

Fucking amazing.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote