View Single Post
Old 12-12-2020, 01:49 AM   #5331
Bobholly138
DIY MS FILMWORKS

Bobholly138 is good (20,000+)Bobholly138 is good (20,000+)Bobholly138 is good (20,000+)Bobholly138 is good (20,000+)Bobholly138 is good (20,000+)Bobholly138 is good (20,000+)Bobholly138 is good (20,000+)Bobholly138 is good (20,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slik View Post
I was not familiar with Bendis before he came to DC outside of knowing he wrote some stuff at Marvel people liked so I assumed he would be really good...

First couple of issues of Superman/Action Comics/Young Justice/Naomi were interesting and then somehow everything became a huge mess where either nothing happened or he just changed things for no reason and then never did anything with the changes....

Hopefully Supes can get a better creative mind for the future bc Bendis really screwed up so many things for those characters. "EVENT: LEVIATHAN" was probably the worst 'event comic series' I have ever read and it really didn't even have enough content for half of one issue, let alone six issues. The title of the series didn't even make sense. The big thing that caused the series happened 'off-panel' and the series was supposed to be a mystery but then the mystery ended up being something no one could have guessed/solved bc he threw in a random character who had not been mentioned or appeared in the series before and was like 'ta da, here is the villain, did u guess it'.

Then it just ended with zero resolution to anything, absolutely none. Nothing happened and the one thing that did happen off-panel was just left unresolved and I don't think Bendis/DC bothered to mention it since...
The only good stuff Bendis wrote at Marvel was Alias. If you want good Bendis find his crime stuff from before he went to Marvel. His Sam&Twitch run was pretty good.
Bobholly138 is offline   Reply With Quote