View Single Post
Old 07-31-2020, 06:33 PM   #1406
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fignuts View Post
The point I'm making is that people get nailed to the cross without any research or investegation. None of the news sites that initially reported about this incident bothered to do the research on what actually happened despite the fact that it's their job to do so.

I'm not saying that what they did was right, but the knowledge that a black talent pestered them into doing it, and that they immediately knew it was a mistake and apologized is a very important detail to omit, especially in today's enviornment and the way people are judged.

The feeling of righteousness has become an addiction for a large portion of society, and it's a fucking cancer on critical thinking.
Well, sure, in many cases I'd agree with you. But in this case, it's pretty cut and dry. We have video of them using the word for an angle in PWG. That's really the full context there. I mean, was anyone out there really suggesting that Human Tornado was not expecting to get the word thrown at him? Or that it makes a difference?

Maybe I'm alone in this, but I always assumed it was a co-operative angle that was just tasteless. No excuse for it other than "We were fucking idiots." And they've all said that, so good. But I'm just not getting where this idea of a wider context comes from. Maybe I'm just lost in the semantics.

Not saying this about you, but the righteousness extends both ways. There are plenty of people willing to be like "Ahhhh, seeeeeeee" which is just as annoying.

Owens and Excalibur shouldn't have done that shit. They did. They've said sorry and now realize why it is wrong. They don't need people calling for their heads or defenders.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote