View Single Post
Old 02-27-2020, 04:19 AM   #2425
Fignuts
Hey Mister!

Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nerfect View Post
AEW's big weakness when it comes to talent is that they didn't break bank in a sensible way from the start. They hired all The Bucks' and Omega's friends and gave themselves a low-rent look from the start.

I'm pretty sure they expected CM Punk to sign with them. All the Chicago-based stuff and them being a good sized promotion running against Vince. But Punk has always carried himself with a bit of dignity and taken his wrestling pretty seriously. It's pretty insulting when you have a bunch of no-marks flopping around and making it look easy and trivial.

They've also missed out on every significant free agent. They've all signed with either WWE or ROH. AJ Styles, Shinsuke Nakamura, The Usos, Luke Gallows, Karl Anderson, Randy Orton, Cain Velasquez, Killer Kross, Scarlett Bordeaux, Marty Scurll and probably many more I'm forgetting off the top of my head. Rey Mysterio probably knew this thing was coming about. He signed with WWE. Daniel Bryan probably got wind of it. He signed with WWE.

I mean, at some point you've got to accept the hand you've got and play the best you can, which might be Vance Archer, Matt Hardy and Luke Harper (if ROH doesn't swoop in and take him). But that's kind of their fault.
Fignuts is offline   Reply With Quote