View Single Post
Old 01-24-2020, 07:35 PM   #1199
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
The Sheets:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
Daniel Bryan and WWE have worked together to release a new eco-friendly T-shirt.

The "Planet's Champion" shirt was released today and costs $27.99. Here's WWE's description of it:

Show your support for Daniel Bryan & help the Earth with this Eco-Friendly T-Shirt! It may look like any regular tee, but it's actually made from organic cotton and recycled poly rPET blend that makes the fabric more durable and heavyweight. Each shirt saves at least 4 plastic bottles from ending up in a landfill, or worse. Helping to clean our planet will make YOU The Planet's Champion. Say YES to this Eco-Friendly T-Shirt!

Bryan also wrote that -- in partnership with American Forests -- a tree will be planted for every one of the eco-friendly shirts that is sold: "Today my new shirt has come out, one that @wwe made out of organic cotton and recycled materials. And thanks to a partnership with @americanforests, a tree will be planted for every shirt that’s sold!!! #Smackdown"
Link: https://shop.wwe.com/daniel-bryan-th...224F6997B.html

Quote:
AEW has a strong advance ahead of their upcoming New Jersey debut.

Dave Meltzer reports that the show, which will take place at the Prudential Center on Wednesday, March 25, has already sold 10,000 tickets. Tickets went on sale to the general public at noon Eastern time today. Meltzer notes that the show would have sold out instantly if there was scalper activity.
That already puts it in the upper tier for AEW tv shows in terms of ticket sales. Outside of the first set of shows, they were averaging around the 6k range for weekly Dynamite shows.

Quote:
The NWA Worlds Heavyweight Champion is set for ROH Supercard of Honor XIV.

Nick Aldis is the latest name announced for this year's Supercard of Honor event. The RP Funding Center in Lakeland, Florida is hosting the show on April 4, which is the Saturday of WrestleMania weekend. Supercard of Honor will go against NXT TakeOver: Tampa.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Hornswoggle posted a photo on Twitter of the Houston airport, so he's either in town or trolling fans. We haven't confirmed either way, but one would think if he was a Rumble surprise, he'd be trying to hide that.
Link: https://twitter.com/wwehornswoggle/s...64959497424896

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Why exactly was the Rocky Johnson book pulled off the market? Was it due to the issues with Scott Teal?

ECW Press noted in a local article in Canada that the book was pulled due to concern over some of the text in the book. Johnson had a falling out with co-author Scott Teal after not going forward with their agreed upon deal and withholding payments due for Teal's work interviewing and writing the actual book, but Johnson's brother Ricky has noted on Facebook he would make sure Teal would get what he was owed. We are told Teal's issues with Johnson had nothing to do with the ECW Press decision and that it was a separate issue that the company has declined to comment further on.
From PWI's weekly Q&A articles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Post Wrestling
ITV Box Office, which had been carrying the AEW pay-per-view events, announced this week they are shutting down the channel effective today. This means that for those in the UK, the only way to watch the AEW pay-per-views for now is through Fite TV. The next pay-per-view is the ‘Revolution’ show on Sunday, February 29th.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Post Wrestling
Black Label Pro has added a match between Haku and ‘Filthy’ Tom Lawlor for their WrestleMania weekend card on Friday, April 3rd at 11:59 pm ET in Ybor City, Florida. The card takes place at The Cuban Club where The Collective shows are taking place.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightful
For decades, John Cena was made fun of for wearing jean shorts -- known as jorts -- in a wrestling ring. While everyone else wore trunks or tights, Cena kept to his gimmick by wrestling in jorts and sneakers. It was a move not only to prove he was from the mean streets of Massachusetts but also to make sure everyone kept their focus elsewhere.

Appearing on the Late Late Show with James Corden, Cena revealed the reason behind the jorts.

"If you look at my other options, it's just underwear," he said. "So, I wanted to do some sort of street clothes because my persona was a tough wanna-be rapper kid from the mean street of West Newbury. Tough to do that in your underwear. So, I also wear sneakers. Most guys wear calf-high or knee-high leather boots. I'm pretty much in street clothes and I chose denim because you don't blow the crotch out of denim. I tried cargo pants and in front of the world a few times, everybody is just looking at my dick. So denim is a safe play. And, they're back in, so it stood the test of time."
Quote:
Before he was "The Show-Off," Dolph Ziggler was Nicky in the Spirit Squad, a group of male cheerleaders.

Originally, Zigger was under the impression that he was going to be in a group that seemingly combined the NWO with the Four Horsemen. Speaking to Corey Graves on WWE After The Bell, Ziggler recalled how he found out he was going to be part of the Spirit Squad.

"'Well, there's a group of guys, it's gonna be pretty cool. Kinda like a new Four Horsemen,'" Zigger said of the original pitch. "If I can remember the exact words, it was cooler than that. 'Think of like the Horsemen, but like controversial.' We're like, 'Woah, what.' That is where I got to meet Vince [McMahon]. He pulls me into a room and is like, 'We're gonna do something that's never been done before. It's going to be controversial. People are gonna be talking...' I'm like, 'Woah, this is the craziest thing.' I've never met Vince in my life to this point. And he goes...'MALE! CHEERLEADERS!' My heart sank into my stomach and I went, 'Oh..man. Whatever gets me on the show sounds good to me.'"
Quote:
Speaking to Mirror in the UK, WALTER addressed his respect and admiration for Lesnar, telling the publication that he feels Brock is the most intelligent wrestler on the planet.

"I will go in [the Royal Rumble] second, I don't care," he said. "I respect the guy because I think Brock Lesnar is the smartest professional wrestler on the planet right now. The number one, work the least amount of time for everybody else, do your own thing... perfect. I like how everybody else hates him for that because they're just jealous that they are not as smart as him, right? So yeah, of course. I would love to wrestle Brock Lesnar. He is one of my favorite wrestlers too, I think he is very skilled, very athletic. And yeah, that's a good mind for wrestling. And yeah, obviously, I focus on definitely him being one of the matches I really want to do."

TPWW Frontpage:
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote