View Single Post
Old 09-10-2019, 11:16 PM   #2076
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I’ve never used the phrase “social construct.” You are literally making that up and doing some hard projecting. Gender is a social construct, but we’re not even talking gender, we’re talking “scientifically biologically male.” Scientifically she is a woman. My only gripe here is the word “scientifically.”

I’m not advocating for intergender wrestling. But trans women wrestling is not intergender. Trans women don’t necessarily have the same physical advantages as males generally might just because they were assigned male status at birth. Were they developed? Did they have abnormally low testosterone? Are they naturally small? Non-confrontational? Do they have other health issues or lingering injuries? You can cherry-pick anecdotes all you want. What about the trans girl who gets obliterated?

Trans women are women. Just because they used to be thought of as men doesn’t mean they used to be giant rough and tumble dudes who could definitely kick a woman fighter’s ass. Could they have been? Maybe. Maybe not though too.

I knew this would go down this route, but to go back to my original point: It’s not scientifically accurate to say that Nyla Rose was scientifically male. That might be good enough for some people, and it might even be good enough for her, but that’s just way too fixed a statement given what we know about transgenderism, the brain and sexual development in 2019. She may have always been a woman.

I know what #fan’s point was, and I don’t even disagree with it, it’s just that wording and the plastering of “scientifically” over complicated issues of identity and biology. And I don’t think it’s a semantic issue, because it leaves so much out. I know trans people who don’t celebrate their birthday because they are so distant from that association. They *weren’t* that person. Scientifically, they existed. Maybe the best way to explain it is alignment. There is no scientific guarantee that a trans person was aligned with their assigned sex, mentally, emotionally or physically. That’s all.

And it’s not outrageous to say what I said about testosterone. People use it euphemistically like it’s a power level. Drinking soy milk will not make you weak. Anything in the normal range for testosterone is fine.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote