View Single Post
Old 09-10-2019, 06:59 PM   #2062
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damian Rey 2.0 View Post
Joe Rogan had a good take on this. There was a transgender destroying women in mma. She lost eventually. But it's pretty daft to argue that a transgender woman, born with higher bone density, and testosterone, doesn't have a physical advantage. They absolutely do.
Lol, testosterone is overrated and isn’t what people think it is. And Joe Rogan doesn’t have a good take on anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1-wwf-fan View Post
And Noid, I could have sworn I've seen you discuss Cornette's issue with women not fighting men in wrestling and you sided with him, did you not? If you don't agree that there are physical advantages to being born a male then what would be the problem with men fighting women?
You’re putting a lot of straw in that scarecrow. I don’t agree that men should beat up women, no. There are a whole bunch of social reasons I think that is a shitty thing to promote. Absolutely none of that has anything to do trans women wrestling women. Nice try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1-wwf-fan View Post
Honestly didn't think the fact that generally, biological males have a physical advantage over biological females would be a point of contention. Usually the "trans women should be able to compete in sports with women" crowd don't even use that as a reason.

Kinda distracts from my main point anyway which is that it's gonna be weird, in an era where wrestling is trying to hype female wrestling as on-par with male wrestling, a woman is likely to win their women's title because she was born a man. And it would be awesome if they factored it into the story but instead they'll be having to ignore the elephant in the room for the sake of not offending anyone and that's just gonna make it more weird.
Well, I’m not actually even talking about that. I’m just saying that it’s shitty to think of Nyla as a “biological male” and explained why. Don’t make me do your Google searches for you. And as I said, I know you weren’t deliberately being disrespectful. Most people probably don’t think on this stuff much. But the information is out there.

Transgenderism isn’t a case of a dude deciding he wants to be a she. Saying someone is “biologically male” makes a whole bunch of assumptions that you don’t know about her — her body, her bones, her chromosones, her brain. That’s all “biology.” I’m not even putting this isn’t a wrestling context. It’s just outmoded terminology. And that’s not “PC culture” or whatever. There is scientific information underlying all of this. I don’t think you’ll find too many people in the medical profession who will think of trans women as “formerly biologically male.”

In a wrestling context, I’d just compare it to Brian Lee always having an advantage over Kurt Angle. Right? Men shouldn’t fight women, and generally speaking there are assumptions you can make about size and “bone density.” But that’s not a given when you’re talking about specific freak athletes, especially ones with a trans background.

I’m not sure what Dale said, but I’m sure it was useless.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote