View Single Post
Old 08-07-2019, 01:23 AM   #1787
Mr. JL

Mr. JL is good (20,000+)Mr. JL is good (20,000+)Mr. JL is good (20,000+)Mr. JL is good (20,000+)Mr. JL is good (20,000+)Mr. JL is good (20,000+)Mr. JL is good (20,000+)Mr. JL is good (20,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Drebin View Post
They were practically house shows. That was intentional. They were both free for fucks sake. What do you want them to do? Blow their load on a charity event and have nothing left for the PPV and TV debut?
I highly doubt that they were intended to be viewed as house shows given the effort put forward. In fact, my criticism rests entirely on your wording, "Blow their load..."

I felt that there was entirely too many matches where guys were blowing their loads and too many high spot kick outs and too many matches essentially being the same style of match with very little selling.

Outside of matches involving Cody, Jericho & Moxley; everybody else seems to be striving for The Young Bucks match where there are way too many hurricanrana's and tornado DDT's and high spots that lead to meaningless 2 counts.

Quote:
Stop watching only the Young Bucks.
I watched the entirety of the shows. It is not just the Young Bucks. There were moves that were used to obliterate an opponent yet the same opponent kicks out easily. This happened way too often.

Quote:
Got to have a little variation in the match type to reel in various types of fans and keep things fresh so it isn't a standard Raw tv match.
I feel AEW needs more of this variation because a lot of it just feels like more of the same.
Mr. JL is offline   Reply With Quote