View Single Post
Old 07-26-2019, 08:57 PM   #1655
Frank Drebin
Large Marge sent me

Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. JL View Post
To be honest.

I've actually felt let down by the AEW product with the Fyter Fest and Fight for the Fallen.
They were practically house shows. That was intentional. They were both free for fucks sake. What do you want them to do? Blow their load on a charity event and have nothing left for the PPV and TV debut?

Quote:
If I compare it to current WWE product I'm like Oh! MY! FUCKING! GOD! this is awesome but I am a tad older and remember when certain moves, finishers were sacred.

There have been plenty of times where I feel old and am like, "These guys need to fucking sell these moves!" then kickout, match continues and something else crazy happens 30 seconds later. KICKOUT!

For example:
Hangman Adam Page over the top rope powerbombed Kip "Essentially Nobody" Sabian to the stage to a thunderous reaction. Match should have been fucking over if selling meant a damn thing but it wasn't and Adam Page immediately followed it up with a swinging TOP ROPE neck-breaker to an immediate pinfall which was kicked out of with way too much enthusiasm. Kip springboarded off the top rope with ease a minute later. The eventual finish was mediocre compared to the reaction of this series of moves.

But Damn! How much more impressive would it have been if HANGMAN Adam Page just countout Super Powerbombed his way into the Chris Jericho match?

I don't know, some of this AEW stuff just feels way too much like 2002-2004 TNA X Division opening match 6 man stuff where you have flippy dippy no sell practice but to a further extreme.
Stop watching only the Young Bucks.

Seriously though, I get what you're saying and I can get behind some of it. They've had brawls n stuff too like Cody/Dustin so it's not like the Buck's style rules the roost. Got to have a little variation in the match type to reel in various types of fans and keep things fresh so it isn't a standard Raw tv match.
Frank Drebin is offline   Reply With Quote