View Single Post
Old 07-24-2019, 09:50 PM   #859
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
The Sheets:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
For the second straight week, SmackDown posted its highest viewership total since the April 16 Superstar Shake-up episode. Tuesday night's show averaged 2.162 million viewers, up two percent from last week.

There was little carryover from Monday's huge rating for Raw Reunion. SmackDown only retained 69 percent of the Raw audience, the second-lowest percentage since the show's move to Tuesday nights. Not so coincidentally, the lowest was the January 23, 2018 episode, which followed the Raw 25th anniversary show, which did over 4.5 million viewers. SmackDown followed with 2.58 million viewers that week.

For the second straight week, SmackDown had just under an eight percent drop year-over-year, the third week of the last four that the drop was in the single digits
Quote:
The Verizon Arena in North Little Rock, Arkansas noted that Brock Lesnar has been added to next Monday’s (July 29) episode of Raw.
Quote:
Ahead of tomorrow’s second quarter earnings report, WWE stock closed today at $68.73 per share. That’s up under one percent from yesterday.
The stock price after tomorrow's fiscal report is going to be really interesting. Very little of the company has improved since the last report and its rumored WWE will officially announce the Network suffered its first major quarterly decline in the service's history.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightful
According to a new SEC filing, WWE Executives Vince McMahon, Stephanie McMahon, Triple H, George Barrios, Kevin Dunn, Mark Kowal, and Michelle Wilson all sold WWE stock on July 22.

- Vince McMahon sold 2,627 shares at $70.23 (estimated value: $886,794.21).

- Paul Levesque (Triple H) sold 17,563 shares at $70.23 (estimated value: $1,233,449.49).

- Stephanie McMahon sold 17,681 shares at $70.23 (estimated value: $1,241,736.63).

- George Barrios sold 139,175 shares at between $69.46 to $70.62 (estimated value: $9,828,538).

- Kevin Dunn sold 68,628 shares at $70.23 (estimated value: $4,820,430.72).

- Mark Kowal sold 3,845 shares at $70.23 (estimated value: $270,034.35).

- Michelle Wilson sold 65,318 shares at $70.23 (estimated value: $4,612,757.16).
Quote:
The Spirit Squad (Kenn Doane & Mike Mondo) have joined MLW and will hold an “open workout” at MLW’s TV tapings in Queens, New York tomorrow night.
Quote:
The National Wrestling Alliance and Ring Of Honor have decided to part ways amicably, with Nick Aldis no longer being advertised for next month’s Summer Supercard event.

PWInsider were the first to report the split, with Dave Meltzer confirming soon after. The report also says that Dave Lagana, who has been producing pre-tapes for ROH over the last seven months, finished his commitments with the promotion this past weekend.

It was also noted in the report that Billy Corgan, president of the NWA, will be focusing on producing a weekly NWA television show following the conclusion of a Smashing Pumpkins tour later this year.
Being rumored that Corgan had been in talks with ROH for a weekly NWA show to air on ROH's HonorClub as part of the partnership but now that's out the window.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Just read your article titled "Vince McMahon will not be happy today, not at all". The news of the continuing ratings drop I know came as no surprise to you or PWI readers. You reported that USA and Fox may be getting anxious. Do you think that maybe just maybe Vince has dug a hole too deep and WWE could actually end up in REAL trouble? As a fan who has been tuned out from Raw & Smackdown for quite some time now, it'll take good word of mouth over a period of time for me to commit to tuning back in. I think it'll be the same for many fans who have left. The networks may not have the patience!

To be fair, Variety reported that the networks were getting anxious. Here's the deal, as far as I know there isn't an out clause in the TV deals. As long as there isn't one, WWE has years to turn things around. Even if there is some kind of clause, getting over two million viewers for the shows in 2019 is still good value for the price paid. The key is for WWE to stop the bleeding and start to build the foundation to get people back. It took a long time for them to all leave, and it will take a while to get them back, if they CAN get them back.
From PWI's weekly Q&A article. Found it really interesting that FOX doesn't have an opt out clause for their Smackdown deal. Even NBC had one when they got RAW back for USA Network and why WWE stuff stopped airing on their network after a while due to low ratings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
WWE Japan announced that they have made a donation of 193,947 Yen to the Yoshihiro Takayama 'Takayamania' Foundation. This was set up during the WWE Japan tour last month where fans were able to make donations. The foundation was created to assist Takayama and his family with costs relating to his injuries.

Takayama, 52 years old, has been paralyzed from the neck down after suffering an injury in May 2017 while wrestling in Osaka, Japan for DDT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Post Wrestling
On Tuesday’s episode of SmackDown Live, Charlotte Flair hinted she would have a match at SummerSlam to prove she is the greatest of all-time and called herself the ‘Queen of All Eras’.

We can confirm through multiple sources that Charlotte Flair is scheduled to face Trish Stratus at SummerSlam on Sunday, August 11th in Toronto.

Ryan Satin at Pro Wrestling Sheet was the first to report that the two sides were in talks and POST Wrestling can confirm that the match is happening.
Quote:
On this day in 2013, Paige defeated Emma on NXT TV to become the first-ever NXT Women's Champion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucha Blog
Hijo del Fantasma says he has three more matches left as an independent (last 08/04 in Monterrey for NLL), and then he's moving onto a new adventure.
Quote:
But who does Austin consider to be at the top of the wrestling mountain? None other than the 16-time World Champion.

"[Ric Flair] is the absolute greatest of all-time to ever lace-up a pair of boots and the greatest world champion of all-time," Austin told TMZ Sports. "Hulk Hogan was such a huge name in putting wrestling on the map and taking it to the heights that he did but Ric Flair is someone that I hold near and dear to me. Many people know Ric better than I do but we've become such good friends and I have such admiration for him. I've been down in the dumps too and I've had guys reach out to me and it's helped me when I've been in a bad time. Any kind of support that I can be there for Ric, I'm glad and proud to be his friend. I wish him nothing but the best. He's a very special human being. They broke the mold when they made that guy."

TPWW Frontpage:
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote