View Single Post
Old 07-22-2019, 05:05 AM   #51329
James Steele
TPWW's HHH Mark Since '04

James Steele makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)James Steele makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)James Steele makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)James Steele makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)James Steele makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)James Steele makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)James Steele makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)James Steele makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)James Steele makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)James Steele makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)James Steele makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)James Steele makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)James Steele makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
WWE is more profitable than ever, but the business just isn’t that hot. I have been a loyal viewing fan since I was friggin’ 4 years old, and I’ve never had this little interest in the business. If it wasn’t for the podcasts keeping me interested in the archives and being able to watch Raw & SD! On Hulu with no commercials, I don’t know if I’d even keep up with the current product. The fact I rarely post on this forum anymore shows a lot considering how active I used to be.

AEW does have me excited, but they have a lot of shit that makes me rolls my eyes before the main event stuff that concerns me, but I want them to succeed so bad. TNA turned me off completely when Hogan and Bischoff came in and ruined it alongside Dixie. I have never been able to get into Indy or Japanese stuff simply because there isn’t much story and it’s not all that accessible. I don’t believe I’m outgrowing it because people of all ages have loved wrestling for decades.

If you aren’t a super hardcore fan, what is there to hook you currently? Everything is geared toward super smarks (AEW, Indies, etc.) or is completely shitty storytelling that insults your intelligence and burns you when you become invested in a character because they fuck them up and never cash in on when they are over...even if they are able to overcome it and get hot for a 2nd or 3rd time. (WWE)

I still watch because I still get that feeling every once awhile thay this could be another awesome story, superstar, moment, etc. that hooked me when I was a kid. They build somebody up or they get over organically on their own and you fall in love with that wrestler and the potential of that grandiose moment that cements them as a bonafide star. WWE has fucked that up so many times just in the past 5 years it’s insane (let alone last 10-15 years). AEW does give me hope because they aren’t as sanitized but I’m tired of rolling my eyes at shit for the first half of the show. They have done more in 3 shows than TNA did in almost 20 years and how many ever damn TV deals. There is a lot of hope and excitement, and hopefully they can push WWE out of their comfort zone.
James Steele is offline   Reply With Quote