View Single Post
Old 07-15-2019, 08:26 AM   #232
Ol Dirty Dastard
boop/bop/beep

Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supreme Olajuwon View Post
Who are these people we’re worried about? Who are these people tuning into a wrestling show and turning it off because the announcer has a mask?
it's just bush league and indicative of bigger problems. Honestly, look at that live audience. I hate to just flat-out echo Jim Cornette, but it's not an actual diverse audience. It's pretty much the same people you'd see at a comic con. 18-34 sweaty nerds or hipsters.

Yes, he's a solid commentator and when you hear him speak, he knows what he's doing. BUT, you're seeing the show through his eyes and his vantage point and his presentation is important. Commentating and the presentation of commentators is a vital facet of the product. Need proof? Listen to WWE's commentary team ruin anything that could possibly be any good.

It's not a be-all-end-all type thing. It just sets a tone that this is some goofy fucking bullshit. That's fine that you dudes ARE TOTALLY COOL with his stupid fucking mask. But I'm here to tell you, he looks like a goober and at best it's a tiny nagging negative that detracts from his credibility. If he was still working, then wear the mask all day, every day. Otherwise, take off the mask and change your name in the booth if your wresting identity means that much to you. To me, it's the dreaded "Indy mud show bullshit" to a tee.

He's at best a regional legend. So, it's not like the audience has context, like with Rey Misterio where most people know him.
Ol Dirty Dastard is offline   Reply With Quote