View Single Post
Old 07-05-2019, 08:46 PM   #825
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
The Sheets:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
WMC Action News 5 in Memphis ran a story on Glenn Moore, Jerry Lawler’s former podcast co-host, being accused of selling original artwork by Lawler and autographed T-shirts to fans and then not providing what they ordered. ‘I’m totally shocked by this behavior. I mean, we did like 90 podcasts together over a period of years. This is a guy I thought was a friend and I trusted him. I’m certainly sorry this has happened,” Lawler told WMC Action News. “We're gonna work to try to make this thing right. One way or another. Hopefully, we'll be able to get people's money back. If not, we'll get them the artwork they tried to buy." Lawler said Moore’s behavior changed after he lost his PR job in December and that Moore promised to make amends but doesn’t have the money to. Lawler also tweeted about the situation: “I'm sure many of you have heard that some of my fans have been taken advantage of through a dishonest scheme that I was never aware of. Let it be known that I am not doing art commissions nor do I have any memorabilia for sale. So, if someone promotes or advertises or contacts you for services on my behalf, IT IS NOT LEGITIMATE! I am working to get this unfortunate situation resolved as quickly as possible and I apologize to my fans that have been affected by this.”
Link: https://www.wmcactionnews5.com/2019/...m-accusations/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightful
WWE Hall Of Famer Jerry "The King" Lawler announced today that he will be launching a new podcast entitled 'The Jerry Show' that will be co-hosted by Sean Reedy, who currently co-hosts the 'Booking Memphis' podcast with Jerry Jarrett.
Quote:
Jon Moxley told ESPN about one of the differences between wrestling in WWE and NJPW: "[In WWE,] it's almost like Vince is in the ring with you, the producer is in the ring with you. It's like you have two little bubbles on your shoulder, like three heads in the ring. All of a sudden when I got in the ring [in New Japan], five minutes into the match I was like, there's no chatter. There was no producer-ref-Vince chatter. It was like silence. And I didn't expect that. I was like, 'Whoa, I'm alone again. It's just me in the ring.' And then I just started beating the [crap] out of Juice and I was like, 'Oh yeah, this is what I used to do.'"
Quote:
Georgia Smith is joining the MLW broadcast team as a correspondent and will start at tomorrow’s tapings. Smith is the daughter of Davey Boy Smith and the sister of Davey Boy Smith Jr.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
MLW today announced Gringo Loco vs. Zenshi for MLW: Kings of Colosseum at Cicero Stadium in Chicago. The event is a TV taping for beIN SPORTS on Saturday night July 6th with a 7 p.m. bell time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Post Wrestling
The big show of the weekend is New Japan’s opening night of the G1 Climax from the American Airlines Center in Dallas, Texas. We will have coverage of the show throughout the night on Saturday and a POST Show with Wai Ting and I going live at 11 pm Eastern. Below is the full card, beginning at 6 pm Eastern on AXS TV and New Japan World outside the U.S.:
*Guerrillas of Destiny vs. Roppongi 3K in a non-title match
*Tomohiro Ishii & Shota Umino vs. Jeff Cobb & Ren Narita
*Jay White & Chase Owens vs. Hirooki Goto & Yoshi-Hashi
*Tetsuya Naito, Shingo Takagi & Bushi vs. Juice Robinson, Jushin Thunder Liger & Toru Yano
*Will Ospreay vs. Lance Archer – A BLOCK
*EVIL vs. Bad Luck Fale – A BLOCK
*Zack Sabre Jr. vs. Sanada – A BLOCK
*Kota Ibushi vs. KENTA – A BLOCK
*Kazuchika Okada vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi – A BLOCK
Quote:
Lavie Margolin has researched Ring of Honor’s attendance figures at the halfway mark of 2019. In his study, he has ROH drawing a record-setting 35,729 people, which is a new record and up 10% from the same point in 2018 with an average of 1,489 per show compared to 1,412 in 2018. The bad news is what you would assume and how the health of their business looks dramatically different when you exclude the G1 Supercard from Madison Square Garden, which was the most successful show in company history and sold out immediately over WrestleMania weekend. If you remove the G1 Supercard, they have drawn 19,195, which is down 28% from the same point last year and are averaging 834 per show this year compared to 1,213 in 2018.
Quote:
This week marks 25 years since the beginning of the steroid distribution trial involving Vince McMahon and Titan Sports. David Bixenspan has obtained court records and other files related to the trial and is writing extensively about it. Bixenspan recently launched a subscriber-based newsletter called ‘Babyface v. Heel’ on Substack. His first piece of the ongoing series titled ‘The Boys Need Their Candies’ (a quote from Chief Jay Strongbow to Titan executive Anita Scales. CORRECTION: We had previously stated Pat Patterson was the one to deliver the line but it was Strongbow) is free to read and beginning next week will be available for $5 per month or $50 for the year. In the first piece, it looks at several memos and focuses on Scales, who was clearly against the usage of Dr. George Zahorian at their Pennsylvania shows while Patterson urged Scales to assign the doctor to an event on December 26, 1989. When Linda McMahon learned of a potential state department investigation involving Zahorian through lawyer Jack Krill, she called off the plans to assign Zahorian after initially backing Patterson’s request with Scales. The piece also contains testimony from Dr. Zahorian’s separate trial in 1991 and his affinity for the wrestlers that he prescribed and essentially became a pharmacy for these performers with quotations from Bret Hart’s 2007 autobiography that categorized the supply Zahorian was providing to the locker room.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightful
MLW founder Court Bauer is taking MLW on the road to new locations as they made their Wisconsin debut last month.

The Chicago area has become a focal point for MLW and Bauer expressed those sentiments during an interview with Sportskeeda and shared that MLW has shows booked through 2020 in that area.

"I guess it's a question that I wonder about. I think it's more like we are developing our hubs that we go to a few times a year since we tape TV typically once a month, we might have a rotation that includes Chicago, New York, Dallas and maybe like a Philadelphia, and that might be kind of our hubs." Bauer said. "They probably get the lion's share of events every year and maybe three to four events a year until we expand our schedule. Again, all traditionally historically-great wrestling markets, and so far very receptive to MLW. But Chicago right now, we have events booked through 2020 at Cicero Stadium. For our long-term or immediate future, Chicago's a priority."

TPWW Frontpage:
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote