View Single Post
Old 06-25-2019, 10:03 PM   #808
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
The Sheets:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
Raw last night did 2.28 million viewers, a number that has to be considered bad coming off a pay-per-view. It was up 1.8 percent from last week's number.

The positive news is that the first-to-third hour drop was 11 percent, which is good based on recent history, although not good based on long-term history. The two big takeaways are that there was not a lot of interest in Stomping Grounds, as all metrics have shown, nor was there curiosity coming out of it in a big way, based on a first hour number that was very low coming off a PPV.

However, the episode itself did retain the audience better than most this year, which is a combination of the show itself, and the interest level in the Ricochet vs. AJ Styles main event ...

The three hours were:

8 p.m. 2.39 million viewers
9 p.m. 2.32 million viewers
10 p.m. 2.13 million viewers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Post Wrestling
Monday’s episode of Raw following the Stomping Grounds pay-per-view didn’t receive much of an increase in its viewership ...

This week was their fifth-lowest average of 2019 and is the second consecutive week without sports competition indicating fans that checked out during the playoff season have not returned. It was their second-lowest pay-per-view bump of 2019 behind the Raw following Fastlane in March ...

Here are the viewership averages following each pay-per-view from 2019 along with the percentage difference from the prior week:

*Stomping Grounds: June 24 – 2,276,000 (+1.83%)
*Super Showdown: June 3 – 2,405,000 (+9.8%)
*Money in the Bank: May 20 – 2,521,000 (+10.3%)
*WrestleMania 35: April 8 – 2,924,000 (+10.8%)
*Fastlane: March 11 – 2,818,000 (+1.26%)
*Elimination Chamber: Feb. 18 – 2,771,000 (+12.6%)
*Royal Rumble: Jan. 28 – 2,703,000 (+9.8%)
Some more details on the tiny PPV bump WWE got for Stomping Grounds and how it compares to other PPV bumps soo far this year.

Quote:
From listener Ian, who attended Raw on Monday in Everett:

I attended Raw last night. The commercial breaks started taking a toll on the crowd in the third hour. The crowd was dead during the Alexa/Nikki vs Naomi/Natalya match. Commercials were just WWE related clips or appearances on other TV shows. Iconics and Dana Brooke also came out during the break to cut promos. I still had a great time, but the commercial breaks were too much and made the three hours lag a little bit.
Quote:
Pro Wrestling Sheet reported that Jinder Mahal recently signed a new five-year deal with WWE.
Quote:
Zack Sabre Jr. retained both his RevPro British Heavyweight Championship and his spot in this year’s G1 Climax by defeating YOSHI-HASHI in the main event of this morning’s Kizuna Road show.

After defeating IWGP Tag Team Champions Tama Tonga & Tanga Loa in a non-title match this morning, Juice Robinson & Mikey Nicholls said they want Tonga & Loa’s titles. Tonga & Loa vs. Robinson & Nicholls (in what was announced as a non-title match) is set for Southern Showdown in Melbourne this Saturday.
Quote:
AEW stars Cody and MJF will be appearing at an upcoming AAA television taping.

It was announced that the two will be teaming up to take on Brian Cage and Taurus at a television taping in Aguascalientes, Mexico on 7/18. There is a backstory, as it was Taurus who attacked Cody when he made his initial debut for AAA at Rey de Reyes back in April, cementing the relationship between AEW and AAA. While MJF and Cody have competed in Mexico in the past, this will be the in-ring debut for both in AAA.
Quote:
Due to an injury, Colt Cabana won't be able to wrestle at ROH's Best in the World pay-per-view this Friday.

The NWA uploaded a video today where Cabana announced that he won't be able to team with Nick Aldis against The Briscoes at Best in the World. Cabana is the current NWA National Champion, while Aldis holds the NWA Worlds Heavyweight Championship.

Cabana's replacement will be unveiled on the Best in the World pre-show, which is airing at 8:30 p.m. Eastern time on Friday.
Quote:
Will Ospreay spoke to Marc Raimondi of ESPN about the comments made by Seth Rollins and their back-and-forth over the past two days:

I just think it’s a little bit of friendly banter. I love Rollins. Rollins is the absolute don. Hey’s the man, you know what I mean? He’s one of the best wrestlers ever – period. But you asked the question. You asked, find me, someone, alive. As far as I’m concerned, I’m breathing. There’s oxygen in my lungs. I think the last time I heard about an amazing Seth Rollins match was his one against A.J. and if you can’t get a good match out of A.J. Styles, then I think you should leave the planet. I’m still here, I’m still breathing. And I think my run this year – not just in New Japan, in the indies and everywhere I’ve been – is I don’t half-ass anything. I don’t do a terrible TV match. I just go hard every single night. If you give me an opportunity to show what I can do, I do it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightful
Undisputed ERA member and former two-time NXT Tag Team Champion Kyle O'Reilly was slated to wrestle at EVOLVE 129 and EVOLVE 130 this weekend. EVOLVE announced via their official social media platforms that O'Reilly would not be wrestling at the events this weekend and Ryan Satin of Pro Wrestling Sheet has learned that O'Reilly was pulled from the shows because he is dealing with a staph infection.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WrestlingInc
Aleister Black is set to work his first main roster pay-per-view singles match at the upcoming WWE Extreme Rules event, according to a new report from @Wrestlevotes.

There's no official word on the match but Black's opponent as of earlier this afternoon was planned to be Cesaro. Black is currently on the SmackDown roster while Cesaro is a RAW Superstar.
Quote:
WWE Hall of Famer Jerry "The King" Lawler could be one of the hosts of the WWE studio show that is scheduled to begin airing on FS1 later this year, according to a new report from @Wrestlevotes.

The report noted that Fox officials have floated the idea of Lawler being a main part of the show to WWE. The feeling is that Lawler's image and voice will be familiar to fans, something Fox is looking for, likely to help bring viewers back to the product.

There's no word yet on who might work with Lawler to host the show, but it was recently reported that Renee Young was "highly likely" to land the role of host.
Quote:
Rusev's WWE contract is reportedly expiring relatively soon, according to Dave Meltzer on Wrestling Observer Radio.

There's no word yet on if Rusev is interested in leaving WWE, but it would not come as a surprise to many as it's believed that he is unhappy with his position in the company due to some of his comments in media interviews and on social media.

Rusev is currently away from WWE as he recently requested some time off. There's no word yet on when he will be back, but it's likely just a short hiatus. Meltzer speculated that the hiatus has to do with Rusev being unhappy. It was also speculated that WWE could extend the length of the contract due to the time off by freezing it, which they do when a talent is out of action with an injury.
Quote:
For AEW, the Leva Bates vs. Kylie Rae match for Sunday wasn't supposed to be announced and we're told it's probably changing. The plan is for a three fight preshow at 7:30 p.m. Eastern and the main show starts at 8:30 p.m. Eastern. The preshow is Alex Jebailey vs. Michael Nakazawa in a hardcore match and a tag team title tournament match with Scorpio Sky & Frankie Kazarian vs. Private Party vs. Trent Baretta & Chuckie T. There will probably be a third match announced this week which is the spot Bates vs. Rae would have.
Quote:
OTT held their WrestleRama card in Dublin on Sunday and featured WALTER facing David Starr. The spot within the match that has received added attention involved Starr taking the NXT UK championship, placing it on the mat and stepping on it. In another era, this would be a massive deal and it very well could irk those in WWE that WALTER was involved with the company’s championship being disrespected.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Wrestling DVD Network has released trailers for the upcoming The Miz: A-List Superstar and "Getting Rowdy: The Unreleased Matches of Roddy Piper" DVDs

The 2019 WWE Money in the Bank PPV was officially released on DVD today in the United States with releases to come on 7/8 in Europe and 8/21 in Australia.

The Super Showdown event from Saudi Arabia will be release on DVD this September.

TPWW Frontpage:
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote