View Single Post
Old 06-24-2019, 12:11 AM   #50883
Tom Guycott
Wrestling Marks Rejoice!

Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seph View Post
Also The Revival have a bigger issue than just being small...they are small and work a more "power" style that you usually only see bigs working. That comes off fine when they are working with people who are similar size to them....but you put them in the ring with some hosses and that style just does not translate from them.
Agree to disagree with it not working for them, but I will say you're touching on a different problem. Nobody really works psychologically like a type anymore. Big men go flying everywhere. Small guys brawl. Everyone goes up the ropes, and half of everyone uses a submission hold. Everyone is "deceptively" something for their size. Similar to the adage of having nothing but 7ft guys means you have no giants, if everyone does everything, one guy doing it more doesn't matter. Part of Rey Rey's legend is how much he dove. Now, everyone dives.

With the Revival specifically, I have no probelm with them working a "power" style. I have more problem with them being yet another team who does so. Even if they're up against AoP, because taller and fatter doesn't automatically mean stronger.
Tom Guycott is offline   Reply With Quote