View Single Post
Old 06-20-2019, 12:59 AM   #1451
Tom Guycott
Wrestling Marks Rejoice!

Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Drebin View Post
One of the big reasons it is bad is because its spread too thin. Think about if nxt had a ppv every 4 weeks and had 5 hours of TV to fill every week.
I still don't really believe that. Not at face value. It's not spread too thin just because they have a lot of TV time to fill. They have too much TV time to fill, and they choose to fill it with nonsense segments and "the same people". Even going back to the HHH Reign of Terror... that wouldn't even have been a thing if the man wasn't constantly eating up about 50 minutes of a 2 hour show on average. That's too much, even if he was the World Champ. Hell, especially being World Champ.

They have this idea that if so-and-so is over and he or she doesn't appear at a show/on TV, the "fans feel cheated" or will somehow "forget about them", so they overexpose the hell out of who is over and/or currently a champion and speed up running them into the ground. You have 100 talents on your roster, and you choose to repeatedly focus on the same 20 every week, and maybe throw in another random 10 from the leftover 80, when that time could be better served showing more of the ones who aren't getting showcased at all. They have 5 hours, and what isn't chock full of commercials are filled with the same old shit or something they've unintentionally established means nothing.

Personal feelings aside and simply asking this objectively: why should I care in any way about Mojo Rawley? Everytime that Elias seems to be on the cusp of getting an actual push, he lands in another dead-end and then goes back to his "i'mm a sing a song insulting this city and get interrupted" thing that he's been doing for... how many years now? I should care more about Kingston vs Ziggler, since I have long maintained they are (or at least were years ago) the Steamboat/Flair to one another in the matches they used to have. But both guys have been so misused over such a long period of time that this isn't the "must see" match it could have and should have been... and in fact, this was an afterthought because they wanted to cynically push Ali in a clear bid for a bigger reaction for yet another Middle East show like they were doing with Jinder for India or ADR for Mexico.

If NXT had 5 hours to fill a week and a PPV every 4 weeks, they would be having matches between people you don't normally see. Your champions and their PPV opponents wouldn't be talking a bunch to open every show and then touching in the main event every week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slik View Post
Really h8 that NXT added N American Title...their roster isn't big enough to support that IMO

Everyone should want to be NXT champ
I didn't like it at first either, but none of the champions are overexposed, so it doesn't matter that they've added some "midcard" stakes. There's other shit going on. Yeah, Adam Cole is NXT Champion. Guess what? He won't be in a match every week. He won't even be on TV every week.

The mistake the main roster would make is to have all the champs featured every week without allowing room for anyone else to grow. See my previous comments on the previous quote.
Tom Guycott is offline   Reply With Quote