View Single Post
Old 05-01-2019, 03:37 PM   #11001
Seanny One Ball
World Class References

Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
The Predator - 2/4

There are beats in this that are crass and out of place, there are moments where proven performers are used poorly and to their own detriment as well as that of the film.

But... it's not the pile of shit that it was made out to be. There are some good hard laughs, some glimpses of an interesting story behind the stupidity of this particular plot and the performances are good enough to provide some real entertainment.
The film begins better than it ends, in fact it would be entirely possible to forget the last third of this mere moments after it is over. I'm already struggling to remember how various people came and went...

Overall it is a mediocre installment in a mediocre franchise. Predator 2 is the real highlight for me, so having that in mind you can see why the corny shit in this is more attractive to me than the overlong CGI fighting.
Furthermore Sterling K Brown and Boyd Holbrook deserved a hell of a lot better than what they got here but Boyd helped keep it from losing my interest entirely.

Jacob Tremblay should not have been in this. He has regressed rather badly as an actor and I can't see him making it if he keeps hurting his brand with roles like that.
Seanny One Ball is offline   Reply With Quote