View Single Post
Old 04-11-2019, 08:35 PM   #854
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nerfect View Post
That’s the list I saw. I remember reading somewhere that USA gets to top entertainment (unless you consider FOX News entertainment) because of WWE though, and that when they lose SmackDown they will drop. I haven’t fact-checked that myself though.

But if that happens coupled with AEW doing better in its time slot than The Big Bang Theory or whatever, then it could be quite beautiful that AEW ends up on the #1 entertainment channel on cable.

The foot traffic through those Turner channels seems to be about 900,000 people, on average. That is almost half the audience of SmackDown right there. With some promotion, some stars, some special-feeling shows behind them, AEW could perform surprisingly well.
Think Meltzer stated they'd drop to around 8th without WWE based on their current programming lineup.

The more WWE drops, the more it hurts USA Network's chances of improving their rankings. At the same time, it also means the threshold needed for a successful replacement show gets lower the more WWE drops.
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote