View Single Post
Old 02-11-2017, 04:44 PM   #725
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Kind of think that WrestleMania is eventually going to become an all-day thing. They seem to have this mentality that "more is better" which makes me wonder if they are going to break off even all of the "let's amalgamate these issues into one match" matches into separate bouts.

For example, I would not be flabbergasted to see Sasha Banks turn on Bayley heading into WrestleMania and for them to have a singles match away from the Women's Title. They can still do the Charlotte/Emmalina/Dana Brooke stuff I have been predicting for ages, with Charlotte turning face and challenging. She is the star of the division at this point -- I wouldn't put it past the WWE to book Emmalina to get the belt off Charlotte just to give Charlotte a WrestleMania moment where she wins it back.

Ambrose vs. Corbin might not be exciting enough to appeal to most of us, but does it find its way onto a 7-hour WrestleMania? Possibly. It'll probably be forgotten about by Monday, but people need a place other than intermission to piss.

I'm also not entirely convinced that they're going to do Jericho vs. Owens either. Occam's razor would suggest that is the plan, but I can see Vince just changing his mind on that. Given that both men are such heels, I can see their teases of the match just being heels grabbing each other's ass in the locker-room. Given that he's taken out Seth Rollins, it doesn't really make sense for Joe to be not be rewarded, and what would his price be? A shot at the Universal Title at WrestleMania makes logical sense. Sometimes logical writing gets in the way of natural booking, but that's the era we live in. If Balor is healthy for WrestleMania, and that seems to be the plan, then having him crash whatever party is going on around Owens and the Universal Title is the most obvious outcome.

Coming out of Fastlane, I imagine that Strowman will still be a focus too. He seems like an obvious choice for the Battle Royal winner, but he's been "hot" lately so I can see them doing something more featured with him. Strowman vs. Joe makes sense in a "who is going to break through to the main event first?" sort of deal, but Strowman being in that Universal Title/US Title scene makes sense too. Ultimately, I can see five men floating around that Owens/Jericho stuff -- Balor, Joe and Strowman all being in the conversation. If they split the RAW women's programs up, they could throw them into a multi-man, or do a WrestleMania X deal where Balor vs. Joe vs. Strowman happens with the winner taking on the winner of Owens vs. Jericho later in the night. Owens makes it past Jericho but then loses the belt to Balor? I dunno, I just feel that WrestleMania could be a different kind of beast. More likely that it's just going to be what Vito posted though.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote