View Single Post
Old 02-11-2017, 03:46 PM   #724
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Oh, and I think it is Miz & Natalya vs. Cena & Nikki. The heat between Nikki and Nattie is good, well established and provides a really good throughline to WrestleMania. They've been feuding since November. Maryse can be at ringside.

While the WWE is very careful to not have women get beat up by the men, they are not opposed to having the women beat up the men. Do not be surprised if there is a segment of the match where Natalya does some cool shit to John Cena (rolling Germans and a Sharpshooter or something). At this point in his career, Cena is bulletproof, so "selling for a girl" won't hurt him. It'll get a big pop and will be a WrestleMania moment in and of itself. I also expect The Miz to go into overdrive with his promo work for the match, talking about how he beat Cena in the main event of WrestleMania 27 and it is now his kingdom. While this seems low for Cena, and it is, they will do their best to make it "heavyweight."

It wouldn't be the strangest thing WWE has ever done to get it to headline either. I'm not going to go as far as predict that will happen, but given that nothing really jumps out as a true main event (Goldberg vs. Brock will be shorter than people are expecting, and they might not want to end with Reigns vs. Taker), Cena proposing to Nikki to close the show is a "fairy tale" ending. The WWE will also be able to tick off the box of having women main event a Mania.

I mean, there's no reason for it to headline in kayfabe terms, but kayfabe is dead and sodomized at this point.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote