View Single Post
Old 10-02-2015, 08:37 PM   #19640
The CyNick
Make the IWC Great Again

The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by #1-wwf-fan View Post
The territory system could be used like a brand split. All those guys in the company being showcased weekly but never coming in contact with each other thus bulding up small scale "dream matches". Could get over like ghostbusters or however that phrase goes.
those things never work. I mentioned this in another thread. Say someone in NXT, like that new dude - Creed or whatever - say he hits as the next Rocky. Do you just keep him isolated on one show? Do you tell USA Network "yeah we know you are paying us a ton of money for RAW, but we cant use him on RAW, because he's a Smackdown guy, and this will theoretically build to a bigger match one day on PPV".

The odd thing is people who have been following wrestling for so long generally ignore certain facts. For example, most of the biggest matches in history were done multiple times before the huge match (Hogan-Andre, Hogan-Savage, Austin-Rock, etc). Very few matches I can think of did massive business because they were held off. Maybe Rock-Cena is the best one, but even that is not quite the same. You look at a program like Hogan-Flair, which is what people want, and that bombed at house shows. Lesnar-Goldberg was a disaster (albeit there were circumstances that hurt that fight).

I just dont see the benefit of brand splits/extensions.
The CyNick is offline   Reply With Quote