View Single Post
Old 09-08-2015, 09:11 PM   #19025
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Dirtsheets sponsored by the Taz-approved suplex machine Becky:

Quote:
Bryan Alvarez noted of F4Wonline.com noted this week that Bo Dallas is in line for a new gimmick. No other details are available yet but Bo could be receiving a character change soon. No word yet if this is referring to the slight changes we saw to Bo's character on last Thursday's WWE SmackDown. After debuting a new finisher and attacking R-Truth following their match, Bo cut a promo and said he's tried to help inspire people for so long but they've turned him into a joke. He thought what he did to Truth was "really funny" and said he Bo-lieves he will be a lot more "humorous" in the future.
Quote:
F4Wonline.com notes that there was a negative internal WWE reaction to a wrestler that asked Twitter followers for a link to an illegal stream of Saturday's UFC pay-per-view. This was looked down upon not because it's UFC, but because WWE is in the same business and they feel talents should be smart enough not to publicly ask for an illegal stream, which also hurts WWE's business. For what it's worth, it was noted that a personal message asking someone for an illegal stream wouldn't hurt anyone but asking for everyone to see on social media is very different. In an update, apparently the wrestlers seen doing this were from the indies and one works for Lucha Underground but they were not named. It was noted to Bryan Alvarez by a WWE source that the wrestlers likely "lost any chance" to ever be noticed by WWE.
Quote:
Sting appeared on Jim Ross’ podcast The Ross Report recently to talk about his career winding down.

During the conversation Jim Ross said that there was a very short list of names that he’d want to come back to call their last match. He told Sting that his name was on the list. Sting let him know that he felt the same way.

“The feeling is mutual,” Sting said. “If I could have anyone on the face of this Earth to call my last match, it would be Jim Ross. If I get my way, if I get what I want, that’s what’s going to happen.”

Ross then joked that he was available and works cheap.

“You can’t say ‘the young kid from Venice Beach’ anymore, though. You’ll have to be more creative,” Sting joked.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WWE
STAMFORD, Conn., September 8, 2015 – WWE (NYSE: WWE) announced today the signing of international superstar Kanako Urai, aka Kana, to the NXT® division. Kana will officially report to the WWE Performance Center in Orlando, Florida in late September.

Over the course of her 11-year career, Kana has become one of the most exciting women ever to compete in Japan. She has appeared in many organizations throughout the country and has held multiple championships. Last month, Kana made a surprise appearance at NXT Takeover: Brooklyn, sitting in the audience ringside next to WWE Hall of Famer “Nature Boy” Ric Flair®.

“We are very excited to have Kana join the NXT roster,” said Paul Levesque, WWE Executive Vice President of Talent, Creative and Live Events. “Her exciting in-ring style will make an immediate impact on the already impressive NXT women’s division.”
Quote:
TMZ.com reports that WWE Divas Paige and Alicia Fox were ejected from Baltimore’s Supano’s Prime Steakhouse on Sunday evening after a brawl broke out between the Divas and a regular patron.

A waiter at Supano’s told TMZ that the Divas were grabbing a drink late Sunday night when a regular customer came in and began harassing them by taking pictures and videos. Paige and Alicia reportedly confronted her before “all hell broke lose” and drinks were thrown by both sides.

Employees jumped in and stopped the fight and they were all forced to leave the venue
Quote:
Most of the questions at the Q&A were standard, like Why did you start wrestling? Who did you look up to as a kid? etc, but here's some different ones. They didn';t let you take videos.

She wants to get put through a table before she retires. ... She sounded really enthusiastic about this, so I hope it happens.
She prefers playing a heel over a face, because "being the bad guy is so much more fun."
If there's a divas tag division, she wants to tag with Bayley, Emma, Sasha, or AJ as partners.
She put over Sasha as the person she thinks will stand out the most in the Divas Revolution.
Working with AJ was really fun. They're still good friends and text.
She really loved working with Summer Rae in NXT; "she's a perfect bitchy heel." Her feud with Summer there is one of her favorites.
She told a story recalling the night she wrestled in a rosebud costume on RAW. "It was live. I had to run down the hallway in that towel, totally naked underneath, then change into the costume, and Vince was yelling at the producers and cameramen like, 'If that towel falls down, you're all fired!'"
She owns her own action figure. She still thinks it's surreal that she has merch.
She thinks Emma is super underrated, says she's much better than "that stupid dancing gimmick," and wants people to trend #GiveEmmaAChance.
Tough Enough was fun, she looks forward to seeing Sara Lee in a year or so. She doesn't know what the current plans are for the show going forward ... She's glad Josh won.
Advice for becoming a wrestler: save your money, work hard, be patient, humble, and hungry.
The host for her Q&A let us know that the VIP tickets for Paige sold the most for the celebrities at the event, so we cheered. Paige outdraws Reigns? lol

Edit: I remembered a couple other questions.A fan said they should do an all-diva Pay-per-view, and she said that was a great idea, and the girls would love to do it. Also, she thinks Charlotte will beat Nikki at Night of Champs ...

Just got back from Wizard World and I also attended the Q&A on a whim. Mostly just wanted to sit down for a while, but I like Paige so it was a plus. Funniest/worst part to me was how she mentioned all the creeper fans she gets commenting on her social media and how they act around her in public. VERY next question this poor bastard goes up and says "Hi, Paige. Did you like the rose I gave you?" ...cringe-worthy.
From r/SquaredCircle about a recent Q&A session Paige had at Wizard World San Jose expo. https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCirc...orld_san_jose/

Quote:
Originally Posted by F4W
Yesterday we posted Lana's statement on her training injury and comments about how she wanted to make the WWE fans proud. She said, "Every since I have debuted in @wwe I have continued to go to @wwenxt & come hours early before live events to train & learn how to fight." Bryan Alvarez noted yesterday that a WWE source contacted him and said Lana hasn't been seen at the WWE Performance Center in "forever." If she and Rusev are still together offscreen, they live in Nashville. It's also worth noting that we rarely, if ever, hear about Lana being at a NXT live event these days. It is possible that Lana was just working a "training storyline" but we don't know for sure.
Quote:
Former WWE (WWF back in his day) broadcaster Todd Pettengill sat down for an interview with James Delow for Delow’s YouTube channel, and it’s an excellent listen if you were a mid-’90s WWF fan or just want to hear some great wrestling stories.

“First, I met with Linda McMahon, and she was doing the business day-to-day. I had a nice meeting with Linda, and she said, well, Vince would like to see you in one of the studios. So, I went into the studio and here’s Vince, you know, not quite as big as he is now, but still a big intimidating figure, and he threw me a bottle of water and he said: ‘Sell it to me.’

So, I did. I mean, I can talk about anything. I said, ‘This is the most unbelievable water. It’s fresh, it will soothe you, you can pour it on your feet if you’re in the desert. Now, if you’re in the desert, you might want to read it.’ So, I went through this whole thing and it’s crazy, and he goes, ‘That’s unbelievable! Let’s try this,’ and that’s how it started.”

“During the interview process, I thought Vince had left the building, so I went to use the bathroom… I turned my mic off, I went into the bathroom and I was going to the bathroom, and there was a fellow in one of the stalls, who had clearly been doing some work, and it was not a pleasant odor. So I, being me, said, ‘Hey, how about a courtesy flush!’ and I hear this laugh… and it was Vince.

So I said, ‘Well, I didn’t get this job,’ and he said, ‘That’s hysterical! Now I’ve got to hire you!'”
Wacky Vince story from back in the day.

Some other sheet news includes:
  • GFW had to drop the Texas set of shows later this month due to schedule issues which led to a lot of backlash due to how poorly they handled refunds.
  • Tough Enough's Amanda revealed she signed a developmental deal with the WWE while also teasing wanting to be on Total Divas in the future. https://instagram.com/p/7YiCIAmzfK/
  • Kurt Angle announced he will be taking a break from wrestling once his current deal with TNA is done by the end of January 2016. Won't bother contacting the WWE once his break is over.
  • In a "WWE Did You Know" type fact, today marks the 7 year anniversary of Bryan Kendrick winning the WWE title. https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCirc...test_thing_to/
  • During a recent Stone Cold podcast episode, Austin praised both Sasha Banks and her "Boss" gimmick as one of the best things in the WWE at the moment. Was part of the NXT Takeover Brooklyn review he had with guest Wade Keller.
  • WWE is currently rumored to want to sign Jeff Hardy once his current deal with TNA expires.

Last edited by Emperor Smeat; 09-08-2015 at 09:27 PM.
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote