View Single Post
Old 02-10-2015, 07:10 PM   #5787
McLegend
Temporary

McLegend has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)McLegend has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)McLegend has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)McLegend has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)McLegend has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)McLegend has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)McLegend has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)McLegend has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)McLegend has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)McLegend has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)McLegend has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalyx triaD View Post
We're talking about a hero who lives in the city where a major MCU event happened. Two movies that (simply could not) mention the Chitauri invasion, and then Phase 2 movies that (also could not) mention this guy in pajamas fighting a giant lizard and an urban thunder god. Put a gun to my head and sure I could fine a narrative workaround, but Kevin and his boys seem to think the continuity holes are a big deal as well. Otherwise the news would be Andrew having a spot in Civil War or something.

Just so I'm clear, I would like to see Andrew in the MCU because I like him as Spidey. I once had a thought that Hugh Jackman could appear in the MCU simply as 'Logan', transplanted without the FoX-Men history. Basically playing a new version of his own character. I think something like that could get Andrew in without a need to recast.

Since Marvel will be doing Sony's Spidey movies for them I imagine there's some creative refurbishing as well. The rumor mill back during the Sony hack revealed that Marvel already had ideas on their Spidey movie, and I'm betting the direction is more in line with the MCU 'style' (insert film genre + action/comedy + continuity). They probably feel the Amazing movies just isn't what they'd continue. They adjusted most of Phase 3 for their Spidey movie. They were ready.

Curiously, it seems Sony is STILL going with their Sinister Six movie (and possibly Venom as well).
Is there a year given in the Spider-Man movies? If not, you could say they were set before the marvel movies. Spider-man was either in another part of New York fighting aliens or the invasion took place during his period of inactivity in Spider-man 2. Bam just solved all continuity problems.

I know it's not going to happen, because everything I'm reading says Garfield is out. I just think it would be cool if he was in it. Sinster 6 and a Venom movie only make sense now if it's in the current marvel universe... Otherwise why do it?
McLegend is offline   Reply With Quote