View Single Post
Old 05-19-2013, 05:33 PM   #3288
Lock Jaw
Loque Ja

Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Just finished re-watching the Christopher Reeve Superman series (not all at once, over the course of several days).

Somehow, I had never seen The Richard Donner Cut of Superman II. Thought for sure I had seen it, but turns out I didn't. I loved the Marlon Brando scenes. I liked that they actually explain how Supes got his powers back too, it always bugged me. "lol" at him using the turn back time gimmick at the end of the movie again, though. Got to wonder why he even bothered fighting Zod, or blowing up his fortress, when he was just going to go back in time and make everything not happen.

Also, they used alternate takes of some of Terrence Stamp's lines that were not as good as in the theatrical version. Particularly this line:

Theatrical

Donner Cut

All in all, I liked a lot of stuff from the Donner Cut, but missed some of the stuff from the Theatrical. They should make an "ultimate cut" combining both in the exact way that would make me happy.
Lock Jaw is online now   Reply With Quote