Thread: Mass Effect 3
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2012, 07:57 PM   #461
Gonzo
feel the madness

Gonzo has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Gonzo has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Gonzo has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Gonzo has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Gonzo has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Gonzo has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Gonzo has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Gonzo has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Gonzo has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Gonzo has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)
I didn't have a problem with the endings in the most basic sense. To me, the series has been building towards an ultimate showdown with the Reapers and throughout the story it has been painted as next to impossible to achieve victory. The choices at the end amount to making a hard choice in order to achieve that victory.

That being said, I think the various endings do leave something to be desired. Like others have said we're left to draw conclusions or speculate as to what happened to characters at the end. As has also been pointed out there are some continuity issues with choices that carried over from previous titles.

I'm alright with the direction that the game was taken because I can live without the cliche "everyone survives even though the chances of winning in the first place were slim to none" ending. I think it could have been done better though.
Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote