View Single Post
Old 09-27-2011, 11:24 PM   #1892
Gonzo
feel the madness

Gonzo has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Gonzo has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Gonzo has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Gonzo has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Gonzo has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Gonzo has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Gonzo has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Gonzo has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Gonzo has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Gonzo has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)
I'm brand new to comics. I have some friends that are real heavy into them. I picked up a bunch of the new 52, some at their suggestion and others that looked interesting. I will give you my opinions a la Lock Jaw. Don't be pretentious bastards to me:

Action Comics #1

SPOILER: show
I don't like the Superman character at all. I never have. Feel like it worked decades ago but is less interesting with time. That said, I liked this book. Superman had a edge to him that was enjoyable.

Legion Lost #1

Maybe it's because I don't know anything about the characters or world of Legion Lost but I felt this story was kind of "meh". Fairly disjointed. I'll give #2 a go but I may drop this.

Detective Comics #1

Fucking sweet. Ending was pretty mental. Interested to see how it develops.

Red Lanterns #1

I thought this book was sweet. I like the art. Don't really know anything about the Lanterns, but I enjoyed the book.

Animal Man #1

Interesting story. Animal Man is an interesting dynamic, speaking from a character perspective.

Demon Knights #1

Like Legion Lost, I didn't really understand who all the characters are. The art is fucking awesome in this book though.

I also got some other books but they aren't DC books.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #1 & #2

Awesome. Brings me back to my childhood. Story arc so far is good. The nucleus is intact but there are some fresh aspects to it. Interested to see how it goes.

Ultimate Comics: The Ultimates #1

Book was sweet. I like the characters involved so maybe I'm predisposed to liking this book. Story arc shows promise.

Haven't read Batman #1 yet. I probably will tomorrow.
Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote