View Single Post
Old 08-25-2011, 01:04 AM   #1745
Nowhere Man
Now. Here. Man.

Nowhere Man got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Nowhere Man got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Nowhere Man got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Nowhere Man got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Nowhere Man got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Nowhere Man got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Nowhere Man got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Nowhere Man got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Nowhere Man got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Nowhere Man got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Nowhere Man got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Nowhere Man got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox View Post
I don't have a problem with the armored look. To me, it's less about the fact that he's invincible and more about the fact that his costume was built to withstand punishment and not get destroyed every time he gets shot/stabbed/etc.
The old costume didn't get ripped up all the time either. There's no need to turn it into redundant armor plating that's got to be significantly weaker than the guy wearing it.

And I absolutely fucking haaaate the no-trunks look. Without them to break up the monotony, my eye is drawn away from the \S/ and towards that big blue space in the middle of his torso. It's distracting, and frankly bland.

More to the point, it's completely fucking unnecessary. Like Fox said, the Superman costume is absolutely iconic. It's ingrained in the popular consciousness, and is a timeless look. So what if the trunks are outdated and old-school? Superman IS an old-school hero--hell, he's THE old-school hero! Superman stood on the ruins of the pulp era, lashed together the corpses of Doc Savage and the Phantom, and built the fucking old school! DC and WB should be proud of the fact that they've got the progenitor and the gold-standard of all superhero mythology, instead of acting ashamed of it and trying to shit all over 73 years of legacy by dressing him up in shitty fan-art designs to make him look more 'modern.' You don't fuck with a timeless look in order to catch up with temporary trends. That's what I can't stand about the DCnU look, and it's what I can't stand about Snyderman.

I won't even go into all the things that suck about Supergirl's new costume.

Last edited by Nowhere Man; 08-25-2011 at 01:29 AM.
Nowhere Man is offline   Reply With Quote